Did you mean: 

Fast/Superfast charging stopped working

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 07:38 AM)
DWMUFC
Explorer
Options
Morning
Im aving issues with my s20+ galaxy.
Fast/super fast charge has just stopped working despite being selected.

I have tried 2 different chargers and still having same issue.

The port is clear of lint and power supply works, it is just "cable charging" now

I have spoke to Samsung who suggest factory reset and if not working send for repair which will be 10+days without phone.

Has anyone had this issue and fixed? Will do factory reset once I am sure I have fully backed up device.

Thanks
20 REPLIES 20
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Run a diagnostic test
Cable charging

This page maybe helpful

My Galaxy device is not fast charging. How do i fix it?

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/my-galaxy-device-is-not-fast-charging-how-do...
0 Likes
DWMUFC
Explorer
Options
Thanks for advice, did diagnostic and said it was fine, although there's only a test for cable charging not fast charge.

The article I went through with support.

Really don't want to factory reset but left with little choice now I feep
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

My understanding is you need official Samsung chargers for fast charging. Is that what you are using?

0 Likes
DWMUFC
Explorer
Options
Yes it is. I have 2 official ones.
I'm sure it's since the last update
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

There's a few things to try before the dreaded factory reset. I hope one works for you Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger Not Working? [7 Quick-Fixes] - Programming Insider

0 Likes
DWMUFC
Explorer
Options
Thanks, that link doesn't seem to be working?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Copied and pasted for you:-

Check the condition of the charger It may not be your phone that is damaged, but the changer, be it the USB cable or the charger head.  A damaged charger can seriously affect the speed of charging.  So, check your Samsung adaptive fast charger properly and try to identify any damage. If you found any then it’s time to get it replaced. Charge from another outlet There are times when the problem is caused by an outlet which doesn’t work properly. To rule out this possibility, you need to try plugging the charger into a different outlet and see if there is a difference.  Note that it is best not to plug the AC adapter into an extension cord, but rather to plug it directly into the outlet to avoid the hassle. Check the phone charging connector   The presence of dirt or residue stuck in the charging port (charging connector) of the phone can usually cause problems with the charging socket.  Make sure that this component is clean and free of any dust, grime, or other residue by using compressed air can or a cotton swab. If the port in question gets wet, you should first dry it by leaving the device in a cool place for a few hours.  The liquid on the charging dock will evaporate naturally. Then check if the problem persists. You can try to connect the device to the USB port of a computer. If it takes charging normally even though it’s slower, there must be some problem with the fast charging pin of the charging connector.  If this is the case then you need to buy a new charger. Here we have sorted the task for you by reviewing the best magnetic charging cable. It will help you make the right choice. Boot into Safe Mode There are cases where an app you downloaded and installed can cause this issue with battery charging. To eliminate this possibility, start the mobile in safe mode where only the preinstalled (basic) applications are executed. To do this, follow the following procedure. Shut Down the Mobile  Keep down the Power button for a few seconds. When the word “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, leave the power button and hold down the volume down key until the device restarts. The safe mode appears in the phone’s bottom left corner. Release the Volume down key when you see “Safe Mode” at the bottom left of the screen. If the problem does not occur in this mode, it may be caused by a third-party application that should be removed as soon as possible. Clear Cache  Many times cache data gets corrupted which leads to slow functioning of the whole device including charging.  So, it’s better to try clearing cache once and your phone will become slightly fast for sure.  It will also affect the speed of fast charging and will make it much smoother. Check If Fast Charging Is Enabled Many times the fast charging feature is not enabled in the Samsung phone which leads to slow charging.  So, go to settings and search for the fast charging option in the search bar and enable it if it is disabled. Turn off data and Wi-Fi If there is something that drains the battery, it is that the smartphone does not stop connecting to one side and the other.  It might be for social media, updates, or whatever. In this case, the next step that will save us more waiting time is to directly leave it without data. In this way, it will not connect to 3g / 4g networks, etc., or to Wifi networks. Factory Reset If you have checked everything and it turns out that the fast charging feature is still not working. So the only best way is to do a Factory Reset. Restore all settings of your phone to factory settings.  The reason is, the damage to fast charging is a sign that something is wrong with the Android software system. We have all ever needed to charge our Android phone’s battery faster because we had to go somewhere. In fact, you despair when you put it to load with the rush to leave and you do not stop looking at it.  Final Words After trying all these methods if your charger is still not working properly then probably there is something wrong with your charger or your device. It will be better to go and get it checked in the showroom. Many times Samsung adaptive fast charger doesn’t work because of hardware failure in the device. So, getting it checked is the best option. FAQS Q1. Why is Samsung’s fast charger not working? There can be various reasons why your Samsung fast charger is not working. One of the main reasons for it is that the fast charging option gets disabled. Check-in your settings and enable it. Q2. How do I get my Samsung fast charger to work? First, check if it is not damaged. You can try checking its USB cable by connecting it with a computer. Turn off your phone and don’t use it while charging for better-charging speed. Q3. Is Fast charging bad? No, absolutely not. Fast Charging is a normal thing and it doesn’t take up a lot of electricity as you may have thought. It’s better to read about how fast charging works for clearing your doubts properly. Q4. How do I clean my charging port? Many a time the dust gets collected in the charging port due to which the fast charger doesn’t work properly. So, you can use a toothpick and gently scratch it inside the charging port to clean it.

Read more: https://programminginsider.com/samsung-adaptive-fast-charger-not-working-7-quick-fixes/

0 Likes
DWMUFC
Explorer
Options
Thank you, unfortunately just what I've gone through but appreciate your help
0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi when I plug in my s20 ultra to the fast charge it does not tell you now but if you pull down the screen from the top it tells you fast charging hope it helps
0 Likes