Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charging notification stopped after updated on 1/25/2023: starts fast chging then changes to charging

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 04:56 PM)
tem1
Student
Options

Samsung 20+, last update was 1/25/23, one UI 5 upgrade (android 13).  Before the update when plugged in it would show fast charging for the entire time it was charging.  Now it will show fast charging for a about 3 seconds then changes to charging, though the time to full charge is the same.  What used to take 10 min under fast charging now takes 30 min. I have tried multiple plugs that I have used before that do fast charging. So it isn't the plugs, the port is clear, the apps and software are all updated, fast charging & super fast charging is on.  Issue only started happening after the last update. Something in the update caused this issue NOT THE PHONE. 

4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's just a wording issue, it show charging status for 3 secs and shows charging. It doesnt mean it's not charging at the rate it should do.

I have a S22Ultra and is happens exactly the same way but the performance is correct.

This has been discussed many time on here, feel free to search forum
0 Likes
tem1
Student
Options

Really!  That is strange.  Before the update it always showed "fast charging" and if not on a fast charger then just showed charging and notified me that is was on a slow charge.  Thanks Samsung for updating something that wasn't broken.

I looked in the forum but got lost in the rabbit hole.

Thank you!

abdullahkiko
Explorer
Options
yes it is true
I have s20 and having the same problem 100%
.  Now it will show fast charging for a about 3 seconds then changes to charging, though the time to full charge is the same.  What used to take 10 min under fast charging now takes 30 min.
Amirul
Student
Options

same thing is happening to me on s20 fe. the android 13 update ***** something up but they dont want to acknowledge it because its supposedly fe version isnt really treated as premium. prolly my last samsung