Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faint lines on the screen - Samsung S20

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 09:39 AM)
vicascharles
Explorer
Options

I am using Samsung S20. from a week or less than a week it started to show this issue of faint lines on the screen that move. Horizontal, very faint, and blurry. I tried these fixes:

1. safe mode

2. factory reset

3. formatting cache partition

But nothing fixed the issue. can someone look into this and give a possible solution. 

Sadly Samsung'sIMG_20210608_083717_808.jpgIMG_20210608_083714_227.jpgIMG_20210608_083721_701.jpgIMG_20210608_083727_910.jpgIMG_20210608_083736_005.jpg service center in our is Udupi-576104 are so lethargic to respond to my emails or calls.

22 REPLIES 22
ChrisAB
Explorer
Options

Through the Samsung members app click get help (bottom middle) then go down to text chat (fastest in dealing with issues ie yours) 90% luckily a pick up and look at job or you could go into  samsung store. If not below the text chat is ask question. Then select screen it will send all data the phone has on its issues over to Samsung. But you will wait a bit for reply 

0 Likes
vicascharles
Explorer
Options

hi. thanks for the reply. i tried that. and Samsung asked me to do the following.

1. safe mode

2. factory reset

3. formatting cache partition

But nothing fixed the issue. can someone look into this and give a possible solution.  Sadly service center in our  (Udupi-576104, India) are so lethargic to respond to my emails or calls.

0 Likes
ChrisAB
Explorer
Options

If you look through comments instead of saying someone help me you'd see solutions. Ie both of the solutions I'd said are your way forward. According this post which shows similar issues as yourself only after 2 weeks of having the unit needed to go off for repair because of a screen issue Screenshot_20210608-072930_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
vicascharles
Explorer
Options

Like I mentioned in my previous comment, the service center address provided by Samsung care does not exist nor the phone numbers are functional. i have gone through the screenshot you shared. and its mentioned about 2 weeks of service period and so on. but in my care, the service center address or its existence in our areas itself is fake. do you get it? that's why I am asking for any possible solution.

I also mentioned that I tried the two options you asked me to try, post which I have raised this issue on this page.

0 Likes
ChrisAB
Explorer
Options
You actually said "service center in our is Udupi-576104 are so lethargic to respond to my emails or calls" on two occasions, which would basically state they are slow..... welcome to all of our problems on here, You mentioned nothing about a fake service centre address and number.

However I have found you the following. You have more support available to you in India then we have here in the UK. All these options are on the following link

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/
0 Likes
vicascharles
Explorer
Options

Yes that was an hour and half before my second response, within which I went and checked in person only to reason that it does not exist. 

Anyways, thanks for helping. I lodged a complaint with the Samsung help center. and trying to reach other service centers that are around 60 km away. 

0 Likes
vicascharles
Explorer
Options

one more issue is that when I book an appointment online, it says that the service center is open/ active, it considers my appointment, yet - there's no actual service center there to visit nor a properly functioning phone number to talk to.

0 Likes
ChrisAB
Explorer
Options

Going to reply to both comments here. I attempted to go through the help steps on the chat and email bit with no luck so I do understand your frustration. Also i hope you get this sorted out. 

I have one more option, i have a friend who works for Samsung, let me see if they can shine some light this missing centre. 

lastly only a thought could the centre not have been closed due to the current covid situation? it is the reason for massive delays and issues here. just a thought.

vicascharles
Explorer
Options

Thank you so much, it means a lot.

Yes, I've considered the possibility of a shut down due to covid restrictions. But Samsung care says that they are active from Monday. So I am kinda confused.