Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Facebook app does not show full screen.

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 09:31 PM)
Steve71
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Facebook app does not allow you to scroll to the top of the screen. Top of screen is missing so you cannot post or read notifications. 

52 REPLIES 52
Loubell
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I am having this issue too. Very frustrating.
TSW1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm having the same issue on the s20+! 

0 Likes
Bostjan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Me too. Samusung s20+

0 Likes
stace0302
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

im having the same issue. Same with most apps, either cutting the top or the bottom. Its driving me insane! S20

0 Likes
London2tim
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

dont want to sound condescending - but for the apps you're having issues with - have you tried going into

display

full screen apps

change under the problematic app - from auto to - full screen 

then try again see if it works 

stace0302
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Any suggestions welcome. Ive tried this, still the same.
0 Likes
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I had this with a couple of apps on my Ultra but it didn't last long and they went back to normal. It never happened with Facebook though. One thing I did notice is that the apps it happened on are ones I'd transferred over using Smart Switch, so I wonder if they'd retained some window size settings from the previous phone. I don't know if you've already tried this but it might be worth wiping the data for the app then reinstalling it (although that may not be necessary). So I think try this:

1. Go to the app info (in the Apps settings), then go into "Storage" and hit "Clear Cache". Start the app up again

2. If that doesn't work, do the same as 1. but hit "Clear Data" instead (note: this will wipe all Facebook data on your phone and require you to sign in again). Start the app up again

3. If that still doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app..

stace0302
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Excellent thats worked. Thanks so much
0 Likes
Watto
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I had the same issue with my S20 Ultra and tried everything suggested above several times. Then I realised the only I'm doing with the S20 Ultra that I didn't do with my S10 is using Dark mode all the time. So I turned of Dark mode and Facebook looked normal again. Even after switching back to Dark it's functioning fine.