Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face unlock and fingerprint unlock no longer working

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 11:17 AM)
alexmidd
Pioneer
Options

Has the biometrics changed lately on the Samsung S20+ as all of a sudden  my fingerprints will only unlock the phone about once in ten attempts and it wants me to press so hard on the screen that it could actually break the screen. And face unlock has stopped working completely. I register my face (which it insists I hold my phone unnaturally close to my face) and then lock the phone and when I try to unlock it it just won’t recognise my face. I’ll have to try about five different distances/directions and eventually it might work but most times it reaches the five attempts and then locks the phone up for 30 seconds.

It’s just unworkable and although I’ve loved Samsung phones since I got an S10+ last year and now the S20+ but now I find them totally unworkable due to this issue. What’s happening here? Have they recently changed the criteria or something as this all used to work and suddenly it doesn’t. 

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Nikita69420
Pioneer
Options
Try removing the prints and faces and the redoing them
melharry
First Poster
Options

mines the same I thought it was just the screen protector so took it off.  Have tried re-doing prints with and without screen protector and still having same issue!

0 Likes
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Same issue on my A40. Just found it easier using my password instead. But I think the above is the correct answer, need to do it again as if you were setting it up for the first time
0 Likes
Vickyh999
Journeyman
Options
Same. Removing an redoing wont work for me.
0 Likes