Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential apps draining the battery

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 06:09 AM)
Members_YTnYjwW
Apprentice
Options

Since yesterday, my battery's been draining a lot faster than usual. The phone declared the battery health as "good". The battery usage graph in settings wasn't accounting for all the loss, so I checked individual apps. Accessibility, Device care, Digital Wellbeing, Settings, Voice wake-up, and Find my mobile had each used some 15% over the course of 5 hours. 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Members_YTnYjwW: Do these usage stats reflect your usage e.g. are you interacting with the Accessibility, Device Care and Digital Wellbeing etc features regularly? If not, try tapping the Recents button in your Navigation Bar (3 vertical lines at the bottom of the screen) and close any apps and settings you're not using to limit their background activity. To do this, swipe upwards on the preview window, or select 'Close All'. You can also try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > More battery settings > Adaptive battery, and toggle this option on to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Members_YTnYjwW
Apprentice
Options

No, I don't use them nearly enough to justify the battery drain. They pretty much only run in the background(because the phone needs them to operate). I have always had Adaptive Battery on.

Clearing the cache for those apps and restarting the phone(+ about 30 minutes of aurplane mode) fixed the problem fir a few days, but then it returned.

The excessive battery usage doesn't show up in the Battery and device care statistics, only in the individual Apps settings.

The same apps show normal battery usage for my work profile.

0 Likes
MGLeon
Navigator
Options
Are they running in background if so turn them off from doing so
0 Likes
Members_YTnYjwW
Apprentice
Options

They can't be disabled or even have their permissions reduced. Some of them can't even be force stopped. The phone considers them essential.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_YTnYjwW: Please can you charge your phone to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches around 50%, then send a screen shot of your usage? To do this, head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Tap on the usage graph, and scroll down so the app breakdown is visible. In the meantime, please attempt the following energy saving tips. 

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recents button on your Navigation Bar (3 vertical lines)
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

0 Likes