Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Emoji search English Australian

(Topic created on: 21-03-2020 10:47 AM)
Boomerang
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Samsung on screen keyboard, S20 Ultra, if keyboard language is English Australia,  all Emoji search fail. The same search term works with English US and also English UK.

Is this a bug or do I need to reset ? Can anyone else reproduce same issue ?

Thanks.

34 REPLIES 34
Cjvisuals
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

same issue here. Tried for support, nothing but this stard stuff which doesn't  work.... looking forward for this to be fixed asapScreenshot_20200330-001206_Samsung Members.jpg

Boomerang
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, very annoying that there has been no response from Samsung to fix what is clearly a bug with their Australian keyboard in their flagship device.  All other variants of English work with emoji search and suggestion. Even French works, but not Australian on a phone from Samsung Australia @!@!!!!

WarwickT
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I got the same problem too when Samsung Keyboard updated to v5.0.10.41 in April.  Changing from Australian English to UK English fixed the problem though I also had to Clear Data for the keyboard to get it to work i.e. Settings>Apps>Show system apps (behind three dots)>Samsung keyboard>Storage>Clear data.

Boomerang
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks. Have not been able to get Samsung to verify it is a known problem yet. Frustrating to waste time with their reset the phone rigmarole only to have the same problem.

v5.0.10.51 here.

All the other languages tested work except the default one Australian. 

0 Likes
WarwickT
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi Boomerang.  Credit to you for testing different languages--that wouldn't have occurred to me. I too have raised this twice with Samsung (via Samsung Members --accessed via "Contact us" in keyboard settings).  In the second, submitted after I found this thread, I also included a link to the thread.  I got the usual motherhood response but hopefully they will join the dots.

I should note that I have a Galaxy S10e which probably accounts for our different versions.

W

Boomerang
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes I tried to get a fix via the Samsung members app. Very disappointed in the robot style customer service.  

I see this as most likely a localisation bug; something they can schedule to fix and provide a work around in the meantime. Instead when I try to lodge a bug report,  I get told to wipe my phone and reset it.  If they were actually charged for my time they wasted....

So after doing that, even with a clean boot without my profile it was clear the problem was there. Sadly just more run around. 

Great phone, but their customer support might as well be Bixby.

0 Likes
Cjvisuals
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I was told the exact same from support and wasted a lot of time. Only to do what the rest of yall are doing with changing the language. The australian keyboard needs fixing.  Pretty disappointing 

Boomerang
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yep.  I don't mind minor software bugs, but my blood boils when I get told to waste hours of my time before they will even attempt to run a repro....

0 Likes
Chelle6891
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I found I wasn't able to use the emoji search with English AU but changing to English UK I was. I also found when it was set to English AU and swiping words, it didn't seem to pick the words I was trying to spell whereas after changing to English UK I was able too, so something is definitely bugged with the English au setting