Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Samsung

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 10:22 PM)
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
Hi peeps hope you're well.
So today I received an email from Samsung saying that Samsung recently discovered a cybersecurity incident that has affected some of my information 😳 
My question is has anyone else received this email at all????
It goes into detail of some of the information that has been taken etc and they have offered me free credit reports from 3 large uk companies to check my reports.
As one would imagine i am extremely concerned with this recent email and I really want to know if anyone else has had the same and what action did you take.
Thank you in advance 
Sam
13 REPLIES 13
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
Yep, samsung finally notifying users the breach a few weeks ago caused the disclosure of sensitive customer data.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, stuff like this happens all the time, hundreds of millions of users details from various companies various breaches sitting in dumps on the darkweb.

Be more vigilant for scam emails, if you're not sure if the sender is authentic, find a number in a directory and call them (don't use the one in the email as the scammers could have their own call centre).
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
Thank u for your help
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hi all. We've had a statement sent through from HQ regarding this.

'The incident involves some of our U.S. systems, regarding U.S. customer information. It does not affect UK customers.

We have taken actions to secure the affected U.S. systems. As part of our ongoing investigation, we also engaged a leading outside cybersecurity firm and are coordinating with law enforcement.

We remain committed to safeguarding the information of our customers and take these matters seriously.'

Welcome to the Community!

StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
It may be a scam but Samsung has been breached and data has been taken, the article I read recently presumed it was isolated to the USA.

I'd not click on any links in any emails or text messages and change your Samsung and accounts linked to Samsung passwords.