Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Edge lighting / Brief pop-up colour by keyword for WhatsApp

(Topic created on: 26-01-2021 04:13 PM)
Gudge_uk
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I've recently updated to Android 11 and with the new brief pop-up setting I can't seem to get a specific colour for a certain app to work.

I have set all apps to be included and in Brief pop-up settings > Edge lighting style > Colour I've set 'App Colour'

In Colour by Keyword I have added "WhatsApp" with it's own colour (purple) however when I get a notification the colour is the default green

How can an app notification colour be changed if the add Keyword doesn't work?

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey @Gudge_uk ,

this feature work by keyword which means that if you add Whatsapp only the message received with this keyword will change the colour. 

0 Likes
Gudge_uk
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hi @TessM
So does that mean that because the app name isn't in the notification then there's no way to change the colour of the app notification?

There's then only 2 options
1. All apps use their own default app colour
2. All apps use the same colour you have selected

There's no way to change the notification colour of an individual app?
TessM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

That is @Gudge_uk . At the moment these are the only ways of changing the colours of the notification. However, this may be changed in the future so I would suggest checking for future software updates.

0 Likes
FudgeMonkey
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
S20 latest update has replaced several previously, in my mind good features. the edge lighting now doesn't work as extensively as it did and I can't seem to allocate a colour to a contact as previously could letting me know who had sent me a WhatsApp message. edge lighting doesn't work at all for WhatsApp
0 Likes
NunoM
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm not really contributing to your question here, but indeed I have noticed since I am using the UI 3.0 that it is no longer possible to set a colour per app. This is really a feature I'd like to have (which should be possible because in the previous UI it was), so I hope to see it soon in a software update.

Shades1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, I agree, this is a feature I relied on heavily.  I hope they provide an update.

0 Likes