Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Sim Stopped Working

(Topic created on: 18-01-2022 11:29 PM)
Hannah352
Apprentice
Options

I have a dual sim in for a few weeks now with no issues.

Since I've done the latest android update (One UI 4), my 2nd sim isn't even detected. I've tried all the usual things (restarting, cleaning sim card etc) but can't work it out. Please help 😫 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AM4N
Voyager
Options
I know this is a straight forward answer, but Is SIM 2 activated in settings? 😂👍🏽
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's a conundrum @Hannah352

Try https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may also need   to insert your earphones and or hook up to a laptop. No need to launch anything, just turn it on. But if that does not work then consider a back up and factory reset if the idea by @AM4N does not help.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Hannah352
Apprentice
Options
Yeah it's activated. In phone settings it now says sim 2 not detected
0 Likes
ROnm1
Apprentice
Options

Hi Hannah

Am having the same issue as you since the last update UI 4. Have been using dual sims on my s10e for several years without issue but since this update the 2nd sim has stopped functioning can't even register with network operators. Have tried all usual solutions but only the sim in position 1 will work. For the moment having to use 2 phones. Hopefully Samsung will launch a new update soon to rectify this mess.

Hannah352
Apprentice
Options

Mines same. I done the 2nd update lately and when I go onto settings, the card comes back again but then 2 mins later says not detected. I hope they fix it asap

0 Likes
Hannah352
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply. I tried all this but didn't work. I assume its to do with the latest update

0 Likes
Decas
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issues. It is truly annoying because I have reported this several times to samsuung and it has not been resolved.

0 Likes
ROnm1
Apprentice
Options

Hi Decas

I managed to solve the problem in my case. Don't know if your issue is the same but what i did - 

Goto - Settings > connections > mobile networks > access point names

goto the bottom and click the second sim card name [the one that is not working] there you should also have an active access point name [APN]. If you do not probably that is the issue. Go to your sim provider and ask them for the APN details which you will will need to enter in the appropiate locations. As soon as I created the APN and entered those details it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Ron

0 Likes
Emmax84
First Poster
Options

I'm facing same Sim issue here. My phone's SIM 2 is not working! I've done all settings and Restart my phone but it's still not working. SAMSUNG, what's going on!!!

0 Likes