Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download photos from Samsung S20

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 10:59 AM)
Leonix
Journeyman
Options

The storage on my Samsung S20 is full as I take a lot of photos and videos. I now want to download these photos to make space. Any guide I find asks me to use a USB cable but when I bought my phone it did not come with a USB cable. It has what I believe to be a mini USB which plugs into a special adapter to charge my phone but I don't have a mini USB connection on my laptop.

What do I do?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Buy the correct cable online or go to a tech store or your network store to find the correct data cable to transfer your data.
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I just use the same cable that came with my s20 ultra power supply, its a standard USB to USB C , plugs straight in to any PC or laptop
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

as an alternative, and if you have a windows PC, can install 'File Manager' by Xiaomi ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer&gl=DE )
it has ads once a while, but for FTP file transfer works like a charm and you will never see ads there, once set up, you will just need WiFi on your PC and WiFi on your phone to be tuned on, can then access all files on your PC, move files from PC to phone and from phone to PC;

this is 100% free, thus the ads, Xiaomi was so kind to let all android users use their File Manager, it is by far the best file manager i used to this day

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Leonix
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this I might give that a try :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Leonix
Journeyman
Options

the only power cable I received is a mini usb and I don't have a mini usb connection on my laptop 😞

0 Likes
Leonix
Journeyman
Options

I didn't receive a normal USB only one that plugs into the phone adapter 😞

0 Likes
Leonix
Journeyman
Options

I can't seem to download it?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Leonix: The cable should be USB-C to USB. If you disconnect the cable from the plug adapter, then you should be able to connect it to your PC, however if this isn't the case then you'll need to purchase a USB-C to USB cable. If you're successful, follow the link below, click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' and download the relevant version. Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your phone using your USB cable, click on the Backup tab and follow the on screen instructions. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

0 Likes
Leonix
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew, no the cable that came with the phone definitely does not fit USB. I spoke to Samsung where I purchased it from and they don't know why. I then purchased a cable to connect my phone to a computer. But it doesn't connect properly, keeps disconnecting and has now installed a devx programme on my laptop but it just seems to allow me to view my phone on my laptop not back up my data. Yikes why is this so difficult.

0 Likes