Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Apple ever get issues/ software issues the same way Samsung does?

(Topic created on: 24-03-2021 12:11 AM)
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
This is something that's just popped in my head. Why is it that Apple rarely has issues with its devices? Like I have not heard of a single case of Apple having camera issues like focusing issues etc but Samsung is always having issues. Why is that? 
6 REPLIES 6
Kris G
Voyager
Options

Let's see, Apple uses Samsung parts, like display, batteries and few more things, just like Huawei and many many others, so the drivers for the display rely on Samsung updates...

if that still does not answer your question, just google for 21 iPhone Problems and their Fixes , the page i copied the caption from, got updated 5days ago.

I never owned an Apple product, and never will, but my sister is forced to use some bcoz she has to use it for work. So the things she complains about are like, the Iphone is not really compatible with widnows, transferring files is a no go; the battery life is poor, as for the Macbook the latest version, it freezes, her lenovo laptop is miles ahead, but due to policy of the bank she's working at 'Apple is more secure' (which is not true!) , she has no choice but to use it.

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks for your reply. I'm the same I will never use an Apple product but was just curious to see if Apple also has issues with their phones
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Haytch 

I used iPhone's from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 6+

And oh boy yes they did have issues.

i.e 

Signal was lost if you held the phone via the antenna bands. Apple said we were holding it wrong 🤣

Some features on the iPhone 6+ were glitching so Apple advised just to turn them Off which quite considerably dumbed down the phone !

The iPhone 6+ could bend quite easily due to the poor housing.

Apple were intentionally slowing older iPhone's down so that their new iOS update could be handled by them and kept it a secret.

I had camera issues with the iPhone 6+ and quite a lot of jank i.e frame drops.

I've known Apple to introduce a new feature that was derived from the jailbreaking community and re badge it and call it their own. That's innovation for you 🤐

Now I'm not saying Samsung sometimes have their issues , all manufacturers do whether it's hardware or software or both.

I now prefer Samsung and particularly Android as it's open source and I can put the app icon where I want on my home screen and not where Apple decide ! Previous  / current iPhone owners will understand what I mean.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DNS9
Navigator
Options
Oh yes (probably).
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
right. well. I am a fan of iphone but they have massive flaws. especially charge and on the x people dont like the rear camera.
they are faster for longer but their battery is worse.
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
totally I had the 5s actually about 7 months ago. although you can tell it's still pretty fast.