Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone ever lose connection although there is indeed a network?

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 10:01 AM)
cyber
Navigator
Options
When I am outside central London, for instance in the woods in Wimbledon common, I lose connection. There is a network. I can see the 4G or even 5G icon and the arrows blinking on top right of my screen and the network bars but I am actually offline. To get back online, I have to activate flight mode then deactivate it and then I am back online (for a bit, at least because I have to repeat this procedure quite often). This never happens anywhere else. Has anyone the same problem? How can I avoid it please?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Sirfoxelot
Pathfinder
Options
I've noticed messages popping up at the bottom of my phone saying "you are now offline" even though I have a good wifi/4G/5G connection, and can see data transfer is taking place
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Instances like these are difficult To troubleshoot @cyber 

Because it's only happening in one place that makes me lean towards a network issue such as a not spot or fringe coverage.

What is any available network mast checker saying for the postcode your in ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone while in that location ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Sirfoxelot 

Can you try your sim card in another phone and another sim card in your phone as a process of elimination.

Also your sim card could be the issue and may need replacing via your network via a Sim Swap. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
cyber
Navigator
Options

Thank you BandOfBrothers.

Signalchecker says good coverage,
Ofcom can't find the postcode and
Mastdata says medium.

I kept my old Galaxy S9Plus so I could try my SIM card on it next time I go hiking there

0 Likes
cyber
Navigator
Options
Someone wrote:
'This is likely a network problem, you are losing sight of the cell towers, by going ìnto airplane mode then out you search for the next nearest tower. I would report it to your provider, they will probably update the software'
This makes sense to me. I may contact Vodafone
0 Likes