Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display brightness dims after few minutes at direct sun because of overheating

(Topic created on: 24-05-2021 09:59 AM)
komis
Explorer
Options

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra and after a few minutes at direct sun and the screen becomes unusable. Can't see anything in order to take a photo. My son has an 150 euro priced mobile phone (amoled) of a competitive Chinese company and the screen at direct sun is so bright (1200nits). That's a shame for a premium phone that advertises 1400 nits (peak).

I understand its a software configuration maybe to handle battery drain because of overheating etc but Samsung should give the option to the user to disable it and to be able to use 100% of the brightness.

Of course I have made ALL the possible configurations to help with the problem and nothing worked. Does the snapdragon version have the same issue ? Can the phone be replaced with a Snapdragon model.

I bought the phone because of the camera quality but if I cannot see anything to take the photo whats the point.

22 REPLIES 22
efi99
Pioneer
Options

Open what ? The Alliance Shield X ?

0 Likes
roryh86
Pioneer
Options

He means when you try to click Open on the second item in Activities, nothing happens. It's the same on my phone. Although I already did this hack a year ago so I don't know why it doesn't open anymore. Maybe Samsung have updated something and doesn't allow it anymore?

0 Likes
efi99
Pioneer
Options

Yes, Samsung changed something in relation to Knox, since then it is probably not possible to turn it off, but if it was disabled before then, it will remain.

https://alliancex.org/shield/shield-rebirth/

0 Likes