Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

disable annoying features

(Topic created on: 24/01/21 19:50)
lucidity
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have just upgraded from my old pixel 2 to a Samsung galaxy 20fe and am really enjoying it so far however have noticed a few 'features' than are annoying and I can't seem to disable.

First is game booster it opens whenever I'm playing a game, I never use it and can't seem to turn it off or even make the notification go away, seems like it's locked on which I find really annoying and distracting while playing

Second is the media panel that opens on the lockscreen and sometime replaces the apps player (without the rewind or skip buttons) or sometimes alongside it, seems like a really unnecessary 'feature' often doesn't work correctly and again can't find a way to disable it. 

Last is how the software update doesn't let you skip or ignore it just sits in your notifications until you finally cave and update it, even when you sechege an update the notification just sits there. Without any way of dismissing it 

Really hope these things can be fixed and I'm not just stuck with all these buggy features I don't want on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated

P.s. I've read a bit about Samsung package disabler but am cautious to start using this as I heard it can mess up your phone if you use it wrong

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
lucidity
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
here are some screenshots of the problems

Screenshot_20210124-180428_Drill Down_1311.jpg

Screenshot_20210124-181019_Drill Down_1312.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-213913_1235.jpg

0 Likes
Npah3
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
for the game launcher go to settings, advanced settings and toggle off the game launcher
0 Likes
lucidity
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
thanks, I already did that, it removed the game launcher icon from the home screen however the pop-up notification is still there whenever I open a game
0 Likes
Ghost0722
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
It appears when you use gestures to allow quick access to it, the only way I know how to get rid of it is to change from gestures to the standard 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen
lucidity
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
thanks, i tried turning this off but it just moved the game booster icon to the bottom left corner along with the buttons, I want the game booster feature gone altogether really hate how Samsung force these 'features' on us
0 Likes