Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery date???

(Topic created on: 15-02-2020 10:47 AM)
Nially
Navigator
Options

Ordered the s20 ultra off the samsung Ireland website. It says delivery on the 10th march. I thought it was released the 6th and pre orders usually get it 3 days early. Surly Samsung are not going to torture me for 1 extra week to get it????

Please say its an error. :thinking-face:

Screenshot_20200215-104040_Chrome.jpg

809 REPLIES 809
frank303
Journeyman
Options
"the device has already been dispatch last 9th of March to DPD depot"

Since when did being shipped mean to a courier depot. (they didn't e-mail change of status as they explicitly stated they order acknowledgement and 3 days later they have still not updated the order status with the new status)

"the schedule for the item to be delivered on your address is on 14th of March"
That's a Saturday. I can't accept packages on a Saturday.
It is also after the release date.
They never updated the status with this or took any steps to inform me.

This bit though really got my goat as being shoddy, over-familiar and reeking of contempt..

"No worries, one hour prior to the delivery of the item you will receive an SMS from DPD that the item is already on this way to your address."

"No worries"?
Since when is it a large corporate seller's place to tell a customer 'no worries' when the customer has taken time off unpaid?

If this isn't resolved by morning I think I'll be cancelling.

0 Likes
frank303
Journeyman
Options
Were they under obligation to deliver before the official release date ?(?2020-03-13)
0 Likes
MKA
Pioneer
Options

I know it is frustrating, but don't cancel your order.

I'm lucky enough to have received my S20, it's a beauty.

Stay with it guys, you won't regret it!

0 Likes
Daveb29
Apprentice
Options

So it's the 12th and still no sign not even a email 😞  

0 Likes
TeamZiggs
Apprentice
Options

Finally got a response from Exertis to say stock is 'expected to arrive in on March 25'. 

What I'm interested in and what I asked in my reply is what criteria are Exertis applying to conclude / discriminate which customers take precedence in receiving a new phone and which customers, like me, are ignored.

Based on responses here it's not related to date of purchase.

All in all........radio silence followed by a passive, non committal reply after you, the customer, have to proactively chase......is not good enough.

0 Likes
grilo67
Navigator
Options

I was one of the very lucky ones to have received my S20+5G last Monday.

You guys have got to remember that despite the bad customer service, the virus situation isn't helping too!

When Samsung or any other company takes orders well in advance, most of the time they are selling without any stock but are sure that it will arrive from the factories in time for launch. Nobody could have foreseen this problem.

In my opinion it would have been better Samsung came clean and admited that all these delivery delays are because of the virus threat that left them without components and they can'y honor the delivery dates now.

Don't cancel your orders and wait because it's well worth it. Love my new S20+.

MKA
Pioneer
Options

Agreed, Samsung has handled this situation very badly, they should have warned that deliveries would be dusrupted by CV much earlier.

But don't let that distract you from the product itself.  It's fantastic, well worth waiting for!

0 Likes
skykit84
Pioneer
Options

Nothing will change with Samsung.

They're too big to even care - yes the delays will probably cause cancellations and drop in sales but it'll cause nothing more than a dent in their profits.

It's the same year on year with every pre-order.  I've had Samsungs since the S2 and the Samsung watch since the original Galaxy.  I can't ever remember an order that has gone smoothly...In fact the last smooth order dare I say it was the dark side...an iphone 3GS.

Their blase attitude shows for instance in how they have dealt with the watches causing burns.. I have first hand exp of this and their resolution was shocking.

So by cancelling, all you will do is allow someone else to get their unit a bit earlier.  They will still hold onto your money until as late as they legally can before the refund is cleared.

In my case, I will wait until the delivery date currently stated (next Sat now) but if this is missed... I will cancel mine...allow someone else to get my unit and stick with the S10 but not out of spite but more because the whole hype on pre-ordering the unit to get it early will have gone away so why not then wait until there is a better deal.

Didn't really care enough about the buds - I have the first gen and they're perfectly fine.  Would i get the RRP value by selling the new ones...? Probably not.

Main downside for me will be the S10 won't get the 350 trade-in if I decide to jump to the S20 in x months but the price of the S20 will probably drop accordingly especially if they want to make up the loss of sales they could get.

Bottom line, everyone has said it-its the lack of communication from Samsung but don't expect anything more and you will not be let down.  My first comment when I saw the delay posts here was...here we go again...Samsung at its best.

Daveb29
Apprentice
Options

I just rang ee my network and he said regarding the ultras they are having trouble getting them imported because of what's going on at the moment. He also mention that they ee have very little stock left at all not just samsung devices. Because of what's happening.

0 Likes
OriginalSurfer
Explorer
Options

I ordered mine on the 6th March it's been 2 days at preparing dispatch now.....these phones for pre orders were meant to be delivered 3 days before the official release tomorrow!

Although in my case when I was checking out I had to pick a delivery date and the earliest i could have picked was this Saturday!

0 Likes