Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery date???

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 12:01 PM)
Nially
Navigator
Options

Ordered the s20 ultra off the samsung Ireland website. It says delivery on the 10th march. I thought it was released the 6th and pre orders usually get it 3 days early. Surly Samsung are not going to torture me for 1 extra week to get it????

Please say its an error. :thinking-face:

Screenshot_20200215-104040_Chrome.jpg

809 REPLIES 809
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@OriginalSurfer wrote:

I ordered mine on the 6th March it's been 2 days at preparing dispatch now.....these phones for pre orders were meant to be delivered 3 days before the official release tomorrow!

Although in my case when I was checking out I had to pick a delivery date and the earliest i could have picked was this Saturday!

Hopefully we see some movement tomorrow evening for shipping as mine is also due Saturday (ordered on the 15/02 though)

frank303
Journeyman
Options

Customers would have been cool with Samsung stating that they were having problems with the supply chain or there had been unprecedented demand and postponing the officiasl launch date if they had taken proactive steps to communicate this with customers. Samsung would have been applauded for putting health over profit. 

By mid January it would have been obvious there was going to be supply chain disruption, ample time to postpone or plan a stepped release.

They could have kept customers in the loop while releasing units which were ordered 12th, then 13th. The CRM system could have allowed them to release in batches down to AM PM. 

But no they dispatched telephones randomly letting out very recent orders before early orders.

They left order statuses hanging. 

They never proactively contacted customers.

They let their order databases get in such a state due to random release assignments that had they then had the will co proactively contact customers they would have sent out messages informing of a delay to people who had already received their orders.

Now they are firefighting, trying to give the impression that their systems are fine.

Lets not forget these are programmed digital electronic devices whose purpose is to carry out instructions in correct sequential order. If they mess that up at the macro level then it leaves one wondering about their devices.

I'm a first time Samsung mobile customerand based on this experience last time Samsung customer as their communication so far sets them out as chancers. This I understand isn't the first year they've messed customers about.

Two things I learned in management school

"Underpromise, overdeliver"

"Systems, not smiles"

GJF2442
First Poster
Options

I was told by Exertis that it would be delayed to the 14th and then possibly the 25th. My order status changed today from processing in progress to shipped, although I'm yet to recieve an email or tracking number. At least it's some sort of movement! Ordered mine on the 12th of Feb.

0 Likes
Saf786
Apprentice
Options

Question- If the release date is tomorrow and that is when it comes out in store as well, so will that be delayed as well?? I'm assuming they wouldn't sell them in store if the pre-orders are still waiting 

0 Likes
Happy6
Explorer
Options

Just got my Samsung s20 ultra today.

Ordered from D.I.D electrical in Ireland 

I'd strongly advise please to order from there next year. I was kept informed by phone call everyday about the latest delivery information.

0 Likes
Philg1986
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for asking this!

I have just phoned up the Samsung Store in the Manchester Arndale. They had one S20 Ultra 128GB in stock!

I have just paid over the phone and they said I can collect it today! WTF!?

Cancelled my online order that wont ship till the 21st.

Crazy, absolutely crazy
0 Likes
Philg1986
Journeyman
Options

Its shocking really that I can even do that. On the 1 hand im happy that I am able to get my phone today but Im also really unhappy that pre-order customers are having to wait longer than they should when there is unsold stock sitting in the stores!?!?!

0 Likes
stephencallaghan
Explorer
Options

@Philg1986 wrote:

Its shocking really that I can even do that. On the 1 hand im happy that I am able to get my phone today but Im also really unhappy that pre-order customers are having to wait longer than they should when there is unsold stock sitting in the stores!?!?!

Let me know if you get it that way 

0 Likes
JVG95
Explorer
Options

So after Very.co.uk sent emails advising there would be a delay until the end of March, I received my order (S20 Ultra 128GB Grey) today. 

Suprising as I ordered on 24th February - but was promissed 10th March. 

I feel sorry for all those who have ordered and are still yet to receive their devices, I wonder if Samsung are working to fulfill retailer (Very/Currys/John Lewis) orders as they can give their own customers £50 give will vouchers etc. 

0 Likes
Philg1986
Journeyman
Options

@

Its paid for and secured, sitting the store waiting for me to pick it up so cant see any reason why I wont get it. Will post here if I walk out with it.

0 Likes