Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery date???

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 04:05 PM)
Nially
Navigator
Options

Ordered the s20 ultra off the samsung Ireland website. It says delivery on the 10th march. I thought it was released the 6th and pre orders usually get it 3 days early. Surly Samsung are not going to torture me for 1 extra week to get it????

Please say its an error. :thinking-face:

Screenshot_20200215-104040_Chrome.jpg

809 REPLIES 809
Venara
Journeyman
Options
That's probably because they had a reply to give you given that you were getting your phone on time as promised.

Many others, including Digitalcorporal and myself, are getting screwed around by exactly the phone number / email you provided with dates seemingly picked at random. Sometimes it's March 14, sometimes it's March 25 and then other times it's April 2nd.

It's because we're not in the first wave of people who are getting their preorders and they have no answer to give us. They are being extremely unhelpful and unprecise with us. It's great that you got your phone, nice for you, but if you had actually read most of this thread, you would have noticed that we have previously posted that we have contacted SS / Exertis and that we did not get that same help.
jacksheehy15
Pioneer
Options

so my order went from the 10th of March -> 14th of March ->10th of march again and back to the 14th of march. then i was told yesterday that it wont be until the 2nd of April, and now the 25th of March. mother of god i might try build the phone myself... Isent an email lastnight saying that most of the irish customers are getting f***ed around and they sent me this reply....

Thank you for your email this has been forwarded to the Samsung Online Shop Support team to reply.   

The Helpline team can be contacted on tel 03307 267467 and you can also send them an email at support@samsunguk.zendesk.com.   

Kind regards,  

Hameed
Customer Service Representative

Samsung

0 Likes
bazzz
Pathfinder
Options

@Venara wrote:
That's probably because they had a reply to give you given that you were getting your phone on time as promised.

Many others, including Digitalcorporal and myself, are getting screwed around by exactly the phone number / email you provided with dates seemingly picked at random. Sometimes it's March 14, sometimes it's March 25 and then other times it's April 2nd.

It's because we're not in the first wave of people who are getting their preorders and they have no answer to give us. They are being extremely unhelpful and unprecise with us. It's great that you got your phone, nice for you, but if you had actually read most of this thread, you would have noticed that we have previously posted that we have contacted SS / Exertis and that we did not get that same help.

Maybe pull your finger out and don't assume I've not been in this thread from the start.... Helping others.

Understandably you are desperate and upset.

But you can ***** off with the bitterness.  

I guess like every year, my pre-order came when expected.  I ordered during the live event to insure it would get to me on time.

You'll get it eventually,  current global events are  hindering things this year.

AntS
Options

*ahem*

Hi guys. Please keep it civil. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

And peeps offering info/advice here is always good even if it doesn't work in your case - you never know who might be reading the thread that it may help. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
skykit84
Pioneer
Options

I wonder if the next wave of pre-orders will be on time or pushed back to honour the first wave.

Mine was ordered 21/2 and currently says 21/03 for delivery (originally 20th to ship, 21st to deliver).

In my case, I think if it is delayed, I will probably cancel.  The £50 is a nice touch if they honour it for all delays but the whole novelty of the pre-order will have worn off and better offers will be available later.

The s10 is doing its job - only downside will be the £350 trade-in probably won't be available 

Time will tell but I'm not in a hurry  and like Bazzz said - this is probably out of Samsungs control with the global issues going on.  And I don't side with Samsung often especially after their device caused a nice burn on my wrist and handled it pretty badly!

0 Likes
Venara
Journeyman
Options

Let's maybe turn down the condescending tone here a couple notches. My reply may have been a bit more snarky than necessary but I certainly kept it civil. There's no need to drop any f-bombs or anything like that.

My point was that while your information may be helpful to some, it seems fairly clear from the overall responses here that it is really only helpful to those who were always meant to get it on time and everybody else is seemingly left stranded with no proper response from Samsung anywhere.

Everybody understands that the whole COVID-19 situation has clearly impacted Samsung's supply lines but that doesn't excuse that they are not communicating with customers who have pre-ordered and, in many cases (including my own), already prepaid the entire cost of the phone. 

Sbol15
Pioneer
Options

Why did you buy the phone outright? Samsung upgrade is 0%...

0 Likes
dibbley247
Apprentice
Options

My S20 Ultra arrived today. 

Status changed yesterday to getting order ready, then had an email about 10pm last night saying its with courier

Was told between 11am-mid day delivery and arrived approx 11:30

skykit84
Pioneer
Options

I'm not a fan of being on a "contract" and essentially rent a device especially as I'm due a re-mortgage in a few months... if that was to me 

0 Likes
dibbley247
Apprentice
Options
some prefer buying outright. Not tied to a contract, and there's no lump sum at the end to pay like there is on the upgrade scheme if you decide to go the full 24 months.
0 Likes