Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery date???

(Topic created on: 09-03-2020 01:26 PM)
Nially
Navigator
Options

Ordered the s20 ultra off the samsung Ireland website. It says delivery on the 10th march. I thought it was released the 6th and pre orders usually get it 3 days early. Surly Samsung are not going to torture me for 1 extra week to get it????

Please say its an error. :thinking-face:

Screenshot_20200215-104040_Chrome.jpg

809 REPLIES 809
Vlad_R
Student
Options

Just got update, that the phone is shipped!

0 Likes
Saf786
Apprentice
Options

Hi, So I ordered mine last night from Carphone Warehouse around 11:30pm (Sunday 8th March), with the expected delivery date as 10th March. I ordered the grey one as the black one's delivery date was showing up as 31st march. Here's hoping I get it tomorrow!

0 Likes
Jayl20101
Explorer
Options

Mine I pre ordered on contract through three UK. I paid £99 upfront cost on 15/2/20. Told I would get the device by 9/3/20. Today! Called them up because nothing to be told there was never such an order placed so now they have £99 of my money with no phone on the way 🤦‍♂️ I booked today off work too! 

0 Likes
Adamksc
Helping Hand
Options

YES 😀Carphone warehouse dispatch my order 😀

-----------------------------------------------------------‐----------------------------------SAMSUNG Galaxy S23 Ultra SM-S918B /DS
Samsung One UI 5.1 / Android 13 CSC-EUX
0 Likes
Iosif_Lucaci
Explorer
Options

Got of the phone with Exertis, whom the first 2 calls today told me they don't deal with deliveries and I should ring Samsung. 3rd time ringing them I told them the conversation is recorded in my side as well, this time they were very pleased to help me and once I gave them the order number said the phone will be dispatched later today for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed now. 

misty71
Pathfinder
Options

@Iosif_Lucaci wrote:

Got of the phone with Exertis, whom the first 2 calls today told me they don't deal with deliveries and I should ring Samsung. 3rd time ringing them I told them the conversation is recorded in my side as well, this time they were very pleased to help me and once I gave them the order number said the phone will be dispatched later today for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed now. 

That's great news. What number did you ring Samsung on? I'll give them a try. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Beany
Pioneer
Options

@London2tim wrote:

guys i told you

the Ultra delay is due to Samsung not feeling comfortable releasing this until some of the camera issues gets fixed

they want to avoid people sending back the devices for refunds and think that by moving the shipping dates its better chances for people to keep their orders

one way or the other is really bad on samsung - everything they did with the s20 this year was badly managed from early release despite knowing they're not yet ready to launch them - to issues with upgrade and now messing the delivery

dont get me wrong - some will get but most wont - till end of march 

in the end this is not acceptable behavior for a 1K + phone and people should have been kept update with the correct info from the start - like some mentioned here - users plan their orders based in each own's needs and since a phone these days is an essential tool  - no one should be mislead about when their going to get theirs

my personal advice for those who ordered the s20 ultra - think twice if you really need it

i played with both ultra and + in a store i can tell you i had non stop buyers remorse about preordering the ultra - as its super thick and big and simply ugly - compared to the 20+ that feels so slick slim and sexy

then when you think all the issues witht the camera, some issues not fixable as its hardware limitations, are you ever going to take zoom100x pix - probably not and the ninabining nonsense - is just all smoke and mirros on a device that was clearly rushed and not tested properly 

there are only 3 differences between s20+ and ultra (well for if you look at the price and 5 if you look at availablity) 

a) the cameras - no comment here - please check online comparisons of camera s20+ vs ultra

b) rapid charging at 45W - but again - how often are you going to use this??

c)battery - which again is not really much greater on the s ultra

with that in mind - save yourself 200GBP and buy sd card maybe - and get a phone that is available and feels good in hands and pockets

oh and buy it from 3rd party suppliers so you never have to deal with Samsung imbecility (PS: you know samsung often prioritise 3rd suppliers stock like CW as they order in high volume - higher than people who order directly on samsung)

so would be no suprise if those who ordered from CW will get their before Samsung orders 

See I wanted the s20 plus but then EE decided to take that away from me by offering me the s20 ultra unlimited everything for only £51 a month max plan but had I gone with the plus would have been £65 a month makes no sense but who am I to moan over an better version 

0 Likes
Iosif_Lucaci
Explorer
Options

@misty71 wrote:

@Iosif_Lucaci wrote:

That's great news. What number did you ring Samsung on? I'll give them a try. Thanks. 

I rang Exertis on this number 01 408 7171, selected option 3 and whoever answered said its nothing to do with them (although it is them handling the order), they transfered me apparently to Samsung and they gave me the info above. I'm still skeptical in a way, but will see what happens. 

Nially
Navigator
Options

They would want to get the finger out and get it setup before niteline stop collecting and go home. 

misty71
Pathfinder
Options

@Iosif_Lucaci wrote:

@misty71 wrote:

@Iosif_Lucaci wrote:

I rang Exertis on this number 01 408 7171, selected option 3 and whoever answered said its nothing to do with them (although it is them handling the order), they transfered me apparently to Samsung and they gave me the info above. I'm still skeptical in a way, but will see what happens. 

Cheers for that. Let's hope they arrive as originally promised. 

0 Likes