Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead phone question

(Topic created on: 26-12-2022 04:28 PM)
JayP01
First Poster
Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. I carried out the Samsung software update (dated 1st Dec 2022).
After the installation was completed, when trying to charge the phone gives an error, stating that the phone is overheating and won't charge. There were NO ISSUES with charging, before the software update. 

I have tried all the cables and chargers, which worked previously and still do with othe Samsung mobiles in the family. This includes wireless charging, using a Samsung wireless charger. 

I have booked a repair of the S20 and a support video recommends that a backup be taken of the phone and to remove all accounts.

My questions are
1. Has anyone else experienced the same issue, after the official Samsung software has been installed?

2. As I am unable to charge my phone, I am unable to carry out any backups. Can Samsung repair center try and keep my phone content? Or will this be lost?

Thank you and appreciation for anyone who can help.

Jay.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't have a S20 Ultra and have not had anyone else report this. Samsung repair centre will not retain the data on it, they will wipe it for sure
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi I have the Samsung s20 ultra and I have got the update as well I don't have any problems with mine maybe clean the cache etc and see what happens thanks
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JayP01 

Mine had been fine since the 1 December update in regards to charging.

Is the charging port clean too ?

Although I appreciate you say you've tried a Samsung Wireless Charger. 

Hopefully your phone will have been backing up automatically via Samsung Cloud.

A Service Centre won't retain any information on your phone and will factory reset it as part of the troubleshooting process they'll use.

I wish you all the best with this.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JayP01
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your reply @Robot
0 Likes
JayP01
First Poster
Options
@Midge123 Thanks for your reply, ill have see what Samsung Repair can do, as I cannot turn the phone on.
0 Likes
JayP01
First Poster
Options
@ BandofBrothers thanks for your message. Let's see what samsung say.
0 Likes