Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Csc codes

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 08:25 PM)
J4k00
Apprentice
Options
Is there anyway to change the csc codes? I live in the UK and have just realised I've bought a US build s20 ultra. Currently have no 4g 🤦‍♂️
Appreciate any help.
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There are no European csc codes for US firmware. You should get 4G but not 5G in the UK. You will need to change the APN settings to those of your provider, however, your device may be region locked which means purchasing an American sim and making a 5 minute phone call. Also, be warned, you have no warranty.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If you change the firmware to a UK one, won't it also change the csc code? Try installing a UK firmware that suits your device name, android version & model no. and see what happens.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No No No, that will brick the device. There is no UK equivalent, different processors on the US variant. You can't just experiment, you need to know precisely what you are doing.
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I thought it will brick the device only if you don't download the correct device name & model no.?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, that's correct, the US S20 is SM-G988U whereas the International variant is SM-G988B ie different model numbers.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Oh, thanks for explaining! I wonder, if it is possible to change the model no. through software/hardware modifications...
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
The US version supports most 4G bands in the UK (with the exception of band 32 that Vodafone and Three use) so you should still get 4G as Pugs says you should get 4G but not 5G as the US model doesn't support N78 or N28
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is no software solution and no economical hardware solution.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Okay, thanks for the insight 😁