Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked camera glass

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 10:21 AM)
SonOfOdin
Navigator
Options
So last night we was chilling on the bed. My Mrs phone was just sitting in the bed next to my s10+
She picks up the phone and there it was. Cracked camera glass. Yet it was fine 5 mins before hand. No drops........ Nothing. Anyone else had this. I'm hearing there known for it 
6 REPLIES 6
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Was it on charge at some point beforehand last night?
0 Likes
SonOfOdin
Navigator
Options
No it wasn't. She sent a message. Went for a shower. I was in the bed with it. She came back. Chilled out. Picked it up and it looked like someone had shot it from the inside of the phone
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Sadly SonOfOdin this is too regular a problem within the entire S20 range. In America, so I believe, there is one legal firm offering to get any S20 owner with this problem full compensation such is the scale of the issue. Apparently it is caused by a build up of pressure underneath the glass itself and not from impact from an external source which is why they are shattering after no misuse or accident at all. Just a few screenshots below from an American website discussing this issue and also a shot of a replacement rear cover for the phone. It only costs about £13 with adhesive included so a cheap repair should be possible so please don't get fobbed off with any silly repair bill mate. Good luck to you. 👍 👍Screenshot_20210813-102856_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210813-102911_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210813-102828_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210813-103850_Samsung Internet_45189.jpg
SonOfOdin
Navigator
Options
Yea I've just been reading online. Such a shame Samsung won't accept the issue. I'm on a s10 plus and will no doubt stay on it.
Yea I've ordered a glass which is coming today and cost me £6. None of that £100 plus for a repair for me lol. Thanks for the reply
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
You are welcome mate. 👍👍
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
ah, okay then pursue what Babishko sent you then
0 Likes