Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts app does not have set default location

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 02:39 PM)
Grumpy742
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy S20 model sm-G981V Android 12, all software up to date.

I am trying to set Google Contacts as my default storage location for the Pre-installed contacts app. Numerous articles/posts, both here at Samsung and in general around the net say to:

Open Contacts-  Open Menu- Manage Contacts-  Select Set default storage Location

The Manage contacts screen on my S20 only shows merge, import/export or Sync. There is no option to Set Default Storage Location. 

What am I missing? Is there some other setting to enable the default location setting?

Help!

Grumpy

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Hasan berkdar
Apprentice
Options

Hello did you find any solution I'm facing the same problem 

0 Likes
Wrinklefreediva
First Poster
Options

I see you have not received a reply yet. I'm having the same issue on the S22 and am not seeing any option to Set Default Storage Location. You would think someone from Samsung would have answered this by now. 

0 Likes
Grumpy742
First Poster
Options

never received a response. Gave up. This lack of support led to my decision to NOT buy a Samsung watch.

Grumpy

0 Likes
Wrinklefreediva
First Poster
Options

I totally understand... I was looking at Samsung watches too, but have decided to wait for many of the same reasons. 

0 Likes
sergeimipt
Student
Options

i installed the application Google Contacts, it has such an option

0 Likes
Wrinklefreediva
First Poster
Options

I have Google Contacts. I want that to be the default location. The setting needs to be done in Samsung and it's not available. 

0 Likes
Bigg Red
First Poster
Options

Samsung won't respond. 

0 Likes