Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 01:57 PM)
MissieN
First Poster
Options
Is anyone having issues with connection in the Sinfin/ Sunnyhill area.  I cannot get any  service while in the area. I have an S20 and an A51 I have no coverage on the ground floor of my property.  This has only been happening for the last 2 weeks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It may be an idea to contact your carrier to confirm if they have a problem,

0 Likes
MissieN
First Poster
Options
I have tried that. They say there is no issues from their side.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Who is your carrier?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MissieN: Are you only experiencing network connection issues in that area, or is it persistent in other locations? Do you have access to another compatible phone that you can try your SIM in to see if the issue persists? This will help to determine if the issue lies with the phone or your current SIM/network. 

0 Likes
MissieN
First Poster
Options
We are all on giffgaff. It only seems to be affecting the Samsung phones. We have iPhone and hauwawi which are working OK on the same network
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Please check your APN settings match those shownhere Internet APN settings guide | giffgaff

0 Likes
MissieN
First Poster
Options
Thanks for assisting. Unfortunately, it still does not work. Will have to give Samsung a wide birth from now on.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MissieN: Do you have a case or cover on the phone? If so, please try removing it temporarily to see if you notice an improvement. I understand that other phones in the household who are on the same network are not encountering the same signal issue, however as the problem is isolated to a ground floor, indoor location where signals can be weaker, it is worth exploring further troubleshooting steps. 

0 Likes
ade0501
Navigator
Options
I was in Sunny Hill this morning using S21 Ultra on Vodafone with no issues. Doesn't help you much, but does show that there is signal.
0 Likes