Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conception flaw

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 05:35 PM)
cyber
Navigator
Options
Seconds after I put my smartphone in position to take a picture the screen dims, which prevents me to cadre properly

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@cyber: That's strange. Please can you try heading to Settings > Display > Adaptive Brightness, and toggle this option off. Similarly, scroll down to Screen Timeout, and set this to a higher option such as 5 minutes or 10 minutes. If the problem persists, please head to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart the device. Let me know if this helps. 

cyber
Navigator
Options
@AndrewL
If course I thought about setting the adaptive brightness off but it's out of question I do that each time I want to take a photo 😃
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@cyber: I understand that it isn't convenient, however it's important to explore any potential causes of the screen dimming at this stage. You could add a Bixby Routine to increase the brightness when you open the Camera app as a workaround by heading to Settings > Advanced Features > Bixby Routines > Add Routine > If > App Opened > Camera > Then > Display > Brightness > Move the slider to the right to your preference. 

cyber
Navigator
Options

I posted here to find out if I was the only one to have this problem because I think that it is a Samsung conception flaw

0 Likes
cyber
Navigator
Options
I now use open camera which doesn't have this flaw
0 Likes
cyber
Navigator
Options
This dreadful flaw has finally been corrected