Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.google.android.gms. persistent overloading cpu and must be closed

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 10:06 PM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Since the other day I've been getting this message on a morning.

I've uninstalled updates to webview and chrome, reinstalled updates and rebooted phone.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue recently. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@walkerx: I'm not sure if this is related to the Chrome and WebView issues reported last week, but please run through the steps via the link below to ensure that you've covered the bases. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/why-are-some-android-apps-crashing/

In the meantime, please try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the half arrow (to the right of 'Your Apps') > Show System Apps > OK > Search for the affected app > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Force Stop. If the issue persists, can you confirm if the error occurs while you're using a particular app? 

walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Yeh I had already tried them as per OP but not cleared data so will retry. This first day since I got the phone battery has dropped to 45% by lunchtime. Usually still around 70% at 11pm

Just checked battery history and Google Play Services is using more battery than usual.

27 = 15 hours = 24.5%
28 = 13 hours = 15.3%
29 = 15 hours = 15.8%
30 = 8 hours = 31. 5%

Before these dates it was never listed

20210330_140951_4016.jpg

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Again this morning, taking phone of charging I'm getting the same message about com.google.android.gms.persistent using too much cpu and must be closed.

Phone has been on charge overnight (wirelessly) and only opened to check notifications received.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I've cleared storage for Google Play Services and restarted phone, I got notification about backup of phone.

I checked this and it was related to Google Drive Backup saying to turn on backup, so checked this and tried manually and it just stays in waiting mode. Further checks show this has not worked for a while so I'm wondering if it is stuck in loop and thus draining battery.

I checked the Samsung backup and this had worked without issues, it seems only the option to backup to Google Drive is failing.

I have checked my other devices and they are all backing up to Google, it seems its just S20FE5G not backing up
0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
Try to check for any updates, then you can also search up that app then force stop and clear cache, then restart your phone
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
OK, no more notifications after a reset of Google play services and getting the Google backup working.

Yesterday after 10 hours the app was only reporting around 4% usage
0 Likes
NolanR
First Poster
Options

Do you have it linked to a chromebook?

0 Likes