Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming Free Watch

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 02:25 PM)
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options

Hey,

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S20+ and I have been unable to claim the free watch through the members app. 

I get an error code (api.cam_1006.400) and told to check the eligibility, I meet all the requirements for eligibility so I'm at a loss. It was the free watch that swayed me into getting the plus. 

I've tried a couple of guides where I sign into Samsung pay and reinstall the Samsung members app. Any idea?

51 REPLIES 51
leannamcgy
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue.  Purchased the S20 Ultra which arrived today. Samsung could not help via Live Chat nor over the phone. I have just dm'd them on twitter.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey guys,

are you claiming this from the phone itself? If so, have you tried to claim this from here: https://20202.samsungpromotions.claims/galaxys-watch-offer or reach our Promotions Team at galaxywatch@samsungpromotions.claims or 03452160127 (UK)/015369562 (ROI)?

Solution
AntS
Options

Cheers @TessM! 🙂👍

I dont have an eligible device, but any joy for anyone else using the Business customer bit to claim instead?

From Tess's link above (https://20202.samsungpromotions.claims/galaxys-watch-offer😞

Link was then sent to my personal email address on my laptop:

And I was able to continue on my laptop:

Crashtest1
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply,  I was using the app. I have successfully managed to submit a claim through the website, I struggled at the IMEI bit. IMEI 2 worked through 

0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options

EDIT: never mind, I just noticed the same link in the other replies.. (only woke up hour ago so my brain isnt with it yet)

same issue, and on the s20 subreddit theres a few also having same issue.

they gave me a link to https://20202.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/claims/galaxys-watch-offer/get-started in case i struggle when i try it again later

can i ask is 20202.samsungpromotions.claims the legit website? I dont want to trust a random person on reddit when ive never heard of 20202.sumsungpromotions.claims before last night

Had my phone 2 days and it says im not eligable, but i even have screenshot from the place i got my contract from that they are definately a participating store and i have the s20+

Crashtest1
Explorer
Options

Yeah I used the link you have there, I went to https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxy-watch-offer/ and then scolled down to the business user link. You can then select personal as you follow the steps, I had to submit more info as I was having issues with the IMEI number. It wouldn't accept IMEI 1 but did work with IMEI 2. 

I have received an email to say my claim has been validated this morning 

DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
thanks! at least i know that works!
0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options

Seems it doesn't actually work with imei number for me either. . 

Been told in email I don't have enough evidence and my claim is on hold. 

Apparently my claim is put on hold as the invoice with date and order and company name and logo.. Along with two emails with date and order number, including one with imei number and my network plans and typing my actual imei number is not enough detail?

Had to send a full screen screenshot of *#06# page.. So hopefully that will "unhold" my claim

0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options

My claim went on hold,  I just had to photograph the box showing my imei number. That released it

0 Likes