Original topic:

chat feature

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 12:27 AM)
naz24
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
My chat feature has disappeared after a update 
I have spend the whole weekend to sort this problem out to the point of, doing a factory reset 
The problem has not been resolved 
Can anybody help me 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
My S10 with Android 11 worked fine with Samsung RCS, got an S21 last Monday and have been trying to sort it ever since. I've also tried Google Messaging and researched it like crazy but have found no solution. My learned friend @ironass has it working but my device fails to register and we are both with the same carrier. I had thought of sending back the S21 Ultra but after disabling RCS in the S10, I couldn't get connected.
These problems are widespread, wish I could help.
naz24
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Well I have a Samsung galaxy s20 5g, it has been working since the last updated the options chat feature has disappeared, samsung haven't been able to sort this out
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
have you all tried a soft reset.
0 Likes
naz24
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yes, it's like I dont have the option available to me
0 Likes
naz24
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yes, I've also contacted Samsung with no joy
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
can I ask what network you are on?
0 Likes
naz24
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm with three
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
this is strange because when i got s21 ultra i had chat working then it stopped but after a few weeks spoke to samsung and they said do a soft restart and as soon as i did that chat started to work..
woke this morning and noticed chat toggle is missing and it's also missing on my wife s9 we both are with virgin mobile done all that could be done to try and get it back again and still no luck..
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey all,

Chat features moved with the most recent update head to Messages > More (3 dots top right) > Settings > Chat Settings > Enable Chat Features. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes