Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issue with new S20

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 10:58 AM)
Naavis
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I have a question about the charge of my new S20 (Exynos version + Android 10 with lastest software upgrade):

1. connected to a wall charger it charges (small "lightning bolt" on the battery symbol).
  2. connected to a booted PC it charges (same for the lightning bolt symbol)
  3. connected to the same PC while the PC is in standby mode: the lightning bolt appears for a fraction of a second then disappears and it does not charge. It is the same cable and USB plug as in case 2.
  4. PC in standby: other USB port / other cable: it is the same issue, charge with lightning bolt symbol very briefly then nothing, it does not charge.

Another phone (S9 / A5 2017) charges without any problem with the same cables/USB socket on the PC while in standby ... I do not understand what is wrong.

Same issue with the S20 plugged to another PC ... but ok with other phones 😞

An expert opinion? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Naavis
Explorer
Options
I think I get a possible answer to my question :
---> using a shorter (about 1 feet only - Aukey brand) USB-A to USB-C cable allows to charge the S20 while the PC is in sleep mode. Any longer cable will only charge the other phones.
--> I guess the S20 require more "power" from an USB port to start recharging. Of course while the PC is on it must have more power as it works even with a longer cable.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
Naavis
Explorer
Options
I think I get a possible answer to my question :
---> using a shorter (about 1 feet only - Aukey brand) USB-A to USB-C cable allows to charge the S20 while the PC is in sleep mode. Any longer cable will only charge the other phones.
--> I guess the S20 require more "power" from an USB port to start recharging. Of course while the PC is on it must have more power as it works even with a longer cable.
0 Likes