Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Cant save new contact

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 05:26 AM)
jonggerz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

after the latest update from samsung (March 10, 2021), and just now I was trying to save a new number on my contact, after I pressed "save", nothing happened, and if I press "back", it says "cancel, discard, or save"..

then tried to i restart my phone, problem fixed. But i tried to save another number, it happened all over again.

I'm using S20+

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It sounds like something is conflicting @jonggerz  

Are you saving the contact to the phone or your sim card  ?

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G. > Software : Android 12 ~ Samsung One Ui 4.

0 Likes
jonggerz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I tried different options, SIM, iInternal, Samsung Account, Email (3 of them), still no solutions, but it works if i restart my phone, and that just works for 1 save only

@BandOfBrothers

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

A conundrum @jonggerz  

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/unable-to-save-contacts  and eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-series/sometimes-unable-to-save-contact are similar threads which may help.

0 Likes
jonggerz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

tried both, but still no solution, I can only save new contact after restarting my phone, and I can only save 1 number. if I want to save another, I have to restart again.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Have a Google Search if you haven't already and perhaps perform a forum search here @jonggerz  

To see if you can come across any further suggestions. Maybe another member will be along soon to offer up further advice too.

You may need hands on at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre once they open.

I wish you all the best with this. 

vitaluna
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

i had the same problem. samsung note 8 cant save contact, have to restart first, but only for one save then error again, and the worst is history call wont record incoming call.. i tried samsung center, and they update software, etc etc then they suggest for factory reset..

fortunately, i find that my google wont sync to my  contact, i resolve my google account issue, syncy success, and contact problem now solved....

hopefully my case can be helpful for you guys, cause im thiiis close to smash my samsung note and move to iph*ne, i lovee samsung stylus but if it cant save contact and wont record history then i dont have any other option...

restamio
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

same thing happen to me i used note10+, but then everytime i restart my phone theres a notification of my google trying to sync my contact but the sync is seem pause for longer time. every time i restart my phone its keep coming up! so how did you solve your google account issues?since i run business i have around 5 emails connect to my phone. 

0 Likes
vitaluna
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It just happened that my contact freeze again and the culprit is same - google sync. Try to clear cache, then if its not working, remove your google account, and put it back on, and go to setting - account and backup - choose your gmail - then opt for sync - make sure to have stabil internet connection while doing sync... in my experience while syncing, calender ok, the other ok, only contact doesnt, first i think there is no problem with internet because other are ok, but after multiple failed try, i stop other gadget that connect to my wifi (at that time, i have other gadget downloading big file)  then voila its success.. 

0 Likes
vrkwan23
Student
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

This happened to my phone as well. Any solutions ? 

0 Likes