Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make or receive calls

(Topic created on: 30-10-2021 09:02 PM)
Members_9V6239o
Student
Options

I have a samsung s20 ultra, I can't receive a call but I can't call either. The person who calls me appears to be calling me and the sound of the call is heard, but it does not appear to me that I am calling. On the contrary, my mobile network data works perfectly for me. I tried the SIM card on another phone and it works.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_9V6239o Hi, try resetting the Phone app settings, press the Phone app icon, you will see iboton, in Storage - clear cache and data and check again.
It is also possible that you must reset network settings. From General Administration / Reset / Reset network settings. You do not lose personal data, but you have to reconfigure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

AndrewL
Options

@Members_9V6239o: To start with, please press the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. If the issue persists, open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Supplementary Services > Call Barring > Voice Call, and make sure that all options here are toggled off, especially 'All Incoming Calls' and 'All Outgoing Calls'. Tap the back button > Call Forwarding > Voice Call, and make sure that all the options here are toggled off. Now, head to Settings > Connections > Flight Mode, and toggle this off if it is enabled.

To further troubleshoot the problem, please remove your SIM, give the gold contacts a rub, and put it back to see if this helps. If the issue is only affecting certain contacts, please open the Contacts app, select an affected contact, tap the 3 dots in the top right, and select Unblock Contact, if applicable. I also recommend reaching out to your network provider to see if there are any restrictions on your account, or to the service in your current area. 

Members_9V6239o
Student
Options

I reset the phone to factory settings, the SIM card works perfectly in the second phone (also s20 ultra 128gb edition). As I said I have internet access even 5G signal, only when I call. Do not call. If someone calls me, it appears to him that he is calling me and the sound is heard. But nothing appears to me, after I miss the call I immediately get a message that I have a missed call from the number ....

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_9V6239o: Can you try opening the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Call Display While Using Apps, and choose an alternative option (Full Screen, Pop-up or Mini Pop-up). Now, head to Settings > Apps > Choose Default Apps > Phone app, and make sure that Phone is selected. Go back to the Apps menu > Scroll down and select the Phone app > Permissions > Allow all permissions > Back > Change System Settings > Allowed. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes