Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot rearrange secure folder icons

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 07:44 AM)
Tarquin
Journeyman
Options

Using Galaxy S20+. After Android 12 UI4.0 update today I can no longer rearrange Secure Folder icons. Holding and moving an icon results in it going back to its original position.

Same happens if I move it to a spot where an icon currently resides. The original icon does not shift to a new position. 

14 REPLIES 14
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache partition on the phone and that should solve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S20+' and you should find what you are looking for 😊. Hope this helps! 😁
Tarquin
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, but it did not solve the issue. I think is a newly introduced bug that needs to be fixed. 

FilipSza
Student
Options

Same here. Note 20Ultra 5G. It is definitely some bug after UI4 update. I knew I shouldn't touch it... 

FilipSza
Student
Options

And I did clear the cache after the update. It didn't help. 

0 Likes
smsung-improver
Explorer
Options
Same problem. And Samsung isn't doing anything as usual to help or at least acknowledge the existence of bug.
0 Likes
smsung-improver
Explorer
Options
Got this issue exactly right after an update. Before each OS update now, I'm scared. That's annoying.
0 Likes
Naf623
First Poster
Options
Same issue on my S20 5G. Also tried the cache partition, but no dice.
Really frustrating.
0 Likes
KF
Apprentice
Options

The OP reported that this did not address or solve the issue.  Do you have any further recommendations?

0 Likes
Tarquin
Journeyman
Options

No. It appears to be a bug that Samsung needs to fix. Same issue in S22 Ultra so it looks like an Android 12 One UI 4.0 and 4.1 problem. 

0 Likes