Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't read SIM cards after the latest update

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 03:22 PM)
ErikViking
Journeyman
Options
Hello,

I received and installed a firmware update two days ago. I noticed cell signal icon was replaced by a crossed circle; 🚫. Also, the options for 4G and 5G are nonresponsive, the menu options are not greyed out but they are unresponsive when pressed. So I can't connect to my cell service provider. Tried lurking around the web for a day with no success.

What I've tried:
-Restart
-Flight mode on/off
-Reinstall sim card in both slot 1 & 2 - !There's not even any prompt for entering SIM-card! The phone doesn't even seem to be looking for a SIM-card.
-Confirmed SIM to be working on another phone
-Factory reset

Hardware: SM-G9810, Snapdragon Korea version 5G

Firmware: One UI 3.1, security patch September 1, G9810ZHS3DUI1 / G9810OZS3DUI1 / G9810ZCS3DUI1

Right now I'm torn between trying to downgrade or await the next update hoping it magically solves the problem.
I would be glad to know if you've heard about any similar cases and welcome any creative attempt of solving the issue!
22 REPLIES 22
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ErikViking Hi, I don't know if it could work, it seems like a problem for SAT.
Try this. Go to Applications and find the SIM Toolkit app. In storage, clear cache and data, reboot and check. Good luck.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

ErikViking
Journeyman
Options

@ Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately I didn't solve the issue. There's not even a prompt to enter the SIM Pin code when booting the phone.

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I am sure I've seen this issue happening with a few people in this forum that have Imported / Snap Dragon models in the UK. None of them seemed to have had a solution either unfortunately.
ErikViking
Journeyman
Options

Interesting. Was just in contact with Samsung's service department. Apparently, they've received a lot of calls today regarding this particular issue. They basically confirmed the patch broke the functionality. So the issue has been escalated and they will be working on a firmware patch over the weekend. 

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
The other person that encountered this problem was around a week or two ago. I would have expected them to add feedback to your post. They were really struggling to get anywhere at all, I am going to go through my history to see if I can find them and let them know. Thank you for your info and update.
0 Likes
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
Same issue here buddy. Lots of other users have also faced the same problem after doing an update and posted about it few weeks ago. Mine started when i updated with the July security update back in august. Seems yours started with a more recent security update. Been waiting for weeks trying to find a solution. I even did a software downgrade but the issue still remained. What i realised is that the phone acknowledges that there's a sim card in it but for some reason it doesn't connect to the service. Others who also faced similar issue ended up returning their phone. Was going to do same, but decided to wait and see if one ui 4 beta was going to fix the problem. I'm glad Samsung is working on a patch though.
0 Likes
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
Thanks for referencing this post in my other post.
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
How did you reach Samsung's service department? Did you call?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Rūmøur

you can find all our contact information available by selecting your location HERE

0 Likes