Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change Hotspot Band to 5Ghz

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 07:48 AM)
msghol
Journeyman
Options

I've had this issue for two or 3 months now and no One is answering me . I tried to contact Samsung support but they know nothing , some kids are just setting there and copy pasting some answers . I NEED AN ANSWER . Why Samsung doesn't have a feedback section where you can report bugs like this to get fix in the next update . Some people have the same problem like me , We pay like 1000$ for a phone and this is what we deserve ??? Shame on Samsung . 

photo_2021-09-01_00-03-58.jpg

photo_2021-09-01_00-04-03.jpg

  

This issue happended after I updated my phone 2 month ago . this is the build number : G986BXXU8DUF9 

I updated my phone and I thought it has gotten fixed , but it's like Samsung doesn't care about their costumers 

9 REPLIES 9
Kris G
Voyager
Options

Screenshot_20210901-123350_Settings.jpg
so when you tap on the '2.4 GHz' you don't a small pop up box with the '5 GHz preferred' option?
altho my model number would be G988B/DS.

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
msghol
Journeyman
Options

No , As you can see the band option is disabled . 

Komail1999
First Poster
Options

My galaxy s20 fe 5g also has the same problem after update😡

0 Likes
50smet
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my S20 FE 5G.

Until 26.6.2022 worked fine on 5GHZ.

Snapdragon btw

Mahdi Mz
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on my A73 and A30. 😒 

Members_pf9hjCV
Student
Options

I have the same problem for like a year by now and after many updates is haven't fixed yet, my previous a71 phone was alright, but after getting s20fe5g I have this problem

Arashmzff
Student
Options

I have same problem s22 plus

Shame on you samsung

0 Likes
Arashmzff
Student
Options

Why they dont care?

0 Likes
Fuga80
First Poster
Options

Any progress on this issue ?

I tried to use hotspot as usually I do and then discovered that Band selection was disable after some update...

Previously I was able to use normally 5GHz hotspot, but right now I can't change Band setting and got stuck with 2.4GHz...

0 Likes