Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change Hotspot Band to 5Ghz

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 09:12 AM)
msghol
Journeyman
Options

Hi , After the last Update on my S20+ 5G I cannot change the band to 5 Ghz , I'm able to see the band option in configue but I cannot change it 

7 REPLIES 7
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the same phone on the Latest update for the July 2021 security patch and I just checked on settings and I can change the band from 2ghz to 5ghz
msghol
Journeyman
Options

Mine is exynos by the way , I'm not exactly sure that this happened after I updated my phone but the only thing which has been changed since the last time I checked my hotspot setting is the update .

dmitrro
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my Galaxy S20+. Also noticed that it has started to happen after the last firmware upgrade 😞

AminMGM
Student
Options

Could you find any way to solve this problem? I got that on S20 Fe

msghol
Journeyman
Options

unfortunately not , I even asked the same question a week ago , nobody cares about us man , let just hope it gets fixed in the next update . 

AminMGM
Student
Options

i got to changing setting only once by putting phone to airplane mode turning off , removing simcards and powering on but when i turned hotspot on it turned back to 2.4 and i couldnt get to change band again with this or anything...

i got a 777.44MB update right now, i hope that fixes problem...

msghol
Journeyman
Options

I did that update a week ago , but it didn't got it fixed , It's a Exynos Struck problem I guess , The problem is Samsung has to hear about this issue to solve it , But there is no way contact them .