Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can I revert to Android 11 after I have updated to Android 12 on Samsung s20 fe? Will warranty be valid after downgrade?

(Topic created on: 29-04-2022 12:43 PM)
ea1975
Journeyman
Options

Can I revert to Android 11 after I have updated to Android 12 on Samsung s20 fe? Will warranty be valid after downgrade?  I bought my phone with android 11 and updated to android 12.  I didn't use any rom.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ea1975  You cannot downgrade the software by official means,though  you can find information on various sites. 

It would though invalidate your warranty in any case.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ea1975
Journeyman
Options

Thanks.

Flintstone
Voyager
Options
i presume you could downgrade with a factory reset (reverts to the android version it was shipped with, but I would argue against it, ( you will also loose al security updates ) what do you dislike about android 12? probably there are ways around that
0 Likes
ea1975
Journeyman
Options

I don't dislike Android 12. The question is just  theoretical. I mean I want to know  what would happen if I wanted to do a downgrade. Thanks.

Actually, I am happy with Android 12. Everything is just fine.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No a Factory Reset does not not downgrade the Android version , see some confirmation here https://mobilepains.com/does-factory-reset-remove-updates-android/ , anyway glad you seem to be happy with Android 12 @ea1975 .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
shazcrystal34
First Poster
Options

I don't dislike android 12 and hardly noticed a difference but I wear Bluetooth hearing ***** and the app is incompatible with 12. Causing lots of problems 

0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
better ask the app makers to up their game and make an android 12 update for their app. (or change to another android 12 ready app) if the app goes with the buds check the factory's website and ask them for advice
0 Likes
shazcrystal34
First Poster
Options
Yes they are working on it. Said it was originally made for iPhone so android having problems especially Samsung
0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
I guess they didn't tell that it was originally made for iPhone when you bought them. so they did mislead you then, you could claim that they missed it to you.
0 Likes