Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 08:53 PM)
JTidd
Student
Options
My camera is constantly glitching out everytime I use it, videos are really bad and this is also happening on other apps like Snapchat? Anybody else experiencing this?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @JTidd, are you still having issues with this? Does it happen when using the embedded Camera app? If so, make sure that the software of your S20 Ultra is up to date by heading to: Settings > Software Update > Download and install. Next, follow these steps to clear the cache: Settings > Apps > 3 dots (top-right) > Show System Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear cache and restart your phone, leaving the device completely off for 3-5 minutes before turning it back on. Then try the camera again. 

0 Likes
JTidd
Student
Options
Yes I am, there is no new update available, I have reset the phone, I have cleared the cache and storage. It happens on the normal camera app and on other apps that use the camera.
0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for giving that a try. Please use the camera while the phone is in Safe Mode. This will disable all third-party applications temporarily, to see if they are the root cause of the issues you’re having. To do this turn your phone off, then back on, and when you spot the Samsung logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see displayed ‘Safe Mode’. If the issue disappears in Safe Mode, you’ll need to disable the third-party apps one by one until you find the culprit. To exit Safe Mode, simply restart the phone. 

0 Likes
JTidd
Student
Options
The issue is still there in safe mode but not as extreme, thanks very much for you help!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JTidd: If you restart the phone as you would normally, then head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Camera, and follow the instructions, does this return any errors? 

0 Likes
JTidd
Student
Options
This just tells me that action is required, I am going to take the phone into the Samsung store to see what they say. Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JTidd: No problem. 'Action Required' does suggest that there is an issue with the hardware, therefore an engineers inspection would be the best course of action. If you're unable to make it to a store or Support Centre, then please reach out to us on 0333 000 0333, or via Facebook or Twitter, where an advisor will be able to assist you further.