Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Camera resolution - I can't find a way to change photo resolutions

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 11:51 AM)
NigeE
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone tell me how to change the photo resolution on the Samsung Galaxy S20+?

I simply cannot find a way to do this! When I search for this I find lots of results showing how very easy it is to do, by just going into the camera, selecting the settings and then choosing a photo resolution. The problem is, whilst that option might've been there in the past, it's not there now! I just cannot find any way to select the resolution for photos I take (and I therefore can't control much space they'll use).

The settings must have changed with a software update, but where are they now? This sort of thing should be easy!

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
Alevela
Student
Options

Thank you!

0 Likes
jilliebean
First Poster
Options

this is so bizarre - why can I not change my camera setting size for videos and pictures????????

0 Likes
George Dranson
First Poster
Options

Thats a cool answer, but how do you change the RESOLUTION? I think you read this forum wrong... smh...

0 Likes
CaptainW
Journeyman
Options
If you have already taken a photo, I have not found a way of changing its resolution afterwards using Samsung app or camera app. Instead, I use free PIXLR app to enhance and save picture in new resolution. Long winded, hence better to use OPEN CAMERA app to take photo in different resolution in the first place.
0 Likes
Jayson
Journeyman
Options
Samsung need to fix this shiz we shouldn't have to use 3rd party apps to change the res. Get it fixed samsung or you'll lose a lot of loyal customers
DavidG123
Apprentice
Options

"Holy Batcamera Batman, we need to get in the Batmobile, no the Batcopter, no the Batjet and get this matter resolved before the Joker takes over the the camera resolutions!  What, the Penguin is in it too?  Let's hope he doesn't get the Riddler.  Or gosh almighty, what if he gets the Scarecrow!  Hurry up Batman we need to get the Bat#@$% out of here soon."

Sorry for the drama, but unless I laugh about this, I'm going to cry.  Who in the world thinks all photos need high res?  How are we to share pictures that no one wants when we send them photos that only a professional cares to deal with? I should not have to downsize every stinking photo I take just so I can share it?  Please get this corrected!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I need lower res videos and photos!  Please!!!!!!!!!!!  Or I will have to get Superman, and the Avengers involved.  And believe me if the Hulk gets wind of this..........well.....nuff said.

Descentman
Apprentice
Options

Yeah. That's NOT a solution. Can  IT who keep fixing things that AREN'T BROKEN please leave sh_t alone?????!!!!!! PUT THE GD RESOLUTION ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS BACK IN THE DAMNED APP  NOWWW!!!

WhiteGecko
Student
Options

Same her in Canada. Just got S20 fe 5G on Monday and I was trying to find the option to change the resolution. Quality is really poor. My note8 phone take better photo but screen is broken if not I would have returned the S20 phone and kept using the note8. How in the hell someone decided it could be a good idea to remove that option?
First time I see a camera which does not let the user choose his camera resolution. (even the first flip phone I got in early '20 allowed me to choose resolution (although it was bad resolution lol). But still. 
I loved Samsung products; until today.
Another thing like that and I will start going away from Samsung products.

0 Likes
Kzd
First Poster
Options

How would that help? Jesus christ

0 Likes
CaptainW
Journeyman
Options
I agree it is bizarre for Samsung to remove resolution from camera app - perhaps to stimulate demand for costly high capacity phones - but there seems to be a misconception among some users: it isn't a phone, camera or android problem - just an app problem. So download a better app. OPEN CAMERA seems to work well, all options, no ads that I have seen.
0 Likes