Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Question

(Topic created on: 10-03-2023 08:23 PM)
SwanseaJack1
Journeyman
Options
I was checking my screen time of apps when I noticed my camera app had opened 98 times between 2300 and 0000 hours, I did have an issue a week ago where the camera wouldn't open from lock screen and would open and close however if this wasn't the case why had it opened so many times? I only took 3 pictures on that day?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SwanseaJack1
Journeyman
Options
Here is a screenshotScreenshot_20230309_232304_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @SwanseaJack1 ,

it's hard to say without hands on your S20 series phone. Do you have the Camera set to open when you tap a particular button? If so, they may have activated this. You can check this from the phone Settings> Advanced features> Side key> Quick launch camera. 

0 Likes
SwanseaJack1
Journeyman
Options
Hi @TessM, thank you for replying! I am not sure, I will check your advice and get back to you. I find it quite odd though!
0 Likes
SwanseaJack1
Journeyman
Options
I checked side button, if pressed twice it does launch camera, but I remember I was up late that night watching a film with my little girl. I'm trying to become a little more tech savvy honestly 😂
0 Likes
SwanseaJack1
Journeyman
Options
I'm sure this was not the cause of the camera launching, so frustrating!!!
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for checking this @SwanseaJack1,. Would you be able to monitor this and see if that happens again, if it does, I would recommend sending our engineers and Error Report so they can find why is this happening. 

To do this head to the Samsung Members app> Get help> Error reports (please make sure to replicate the issue then file the report within 5-10minutes of the issue occurring, please provide a timestamp if possible).

 Once here toggle on 'Send system log data' (if not already toggled on), you will notice a notification at the top that indicates logs are being captured, this means any issues occurring in the background of the software our engineers can locate these and let us know the next steps.

 Please allow time for this notification to change to indicate they have been captured. Now fill in your report, please include examples of the issue if possible by hitting the paper clip in the top right corner. Make sure to fill in as much detail as possible and send this off, we will then have our engineers check these over for you.

Please add any screenshots or screen recordings by hitting the paperclip in the top right, this can help them understand your issue further.

SwanseaJack1
Journeyman
Options
Excellent, I will keep an eye on this and do as you.suggest. Thank you for your advice!