Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera performance

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 12:11 PM)
StevenA1994
Explorer
Options
Has anyone got an issue with the camera since the recent software update? Mine is looking like it's shaking slightly even though I'm stationary (also happens in apps that can use the camera) I'm just wondering if it's a widespread issue or a rare one. 
13 REPLIES 13
Kris G
Voyager
Options

not on my side, in fact it has some photo stabilization going on, bcoz i can move the phone slightly but the image tries to stay still, almost the stabilization as in the video mode

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
StevenA1994
Explorer
Options
Is yours just on the rear camera?
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

i tried all cameras, all aspect ratios and all video modes just to be sure, that includes resolutions and different cameras

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
Gazat46
Apprentice
Options
This has happened to my s20 ultra. The camera seems to shake for no reason. Hopefully there will be a bug fix in the next update
0 Likes
StevenA1994
Explorer
Options
Yeah it's really annoying ain't it
Tiosc
Apprentice
Options

I had the issue after the recent update.

Reboot in recovery mode and wipe cache partition. You will lose some settings but it will fix the camera.

Reboot and it should fix the issue.

Kris G
Voyager
Options

so you suggest resetting the phone to something like factory settings where it had no updates, well, that is one way

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Tiosc
Apprentice
Options

No, wipe cache only removes the cache partition. There is no need to do a factory reset.

Plug in your usbC and power off your phone (if you are not on exynos you don't need the usb). Press and hold the power and volume up and you will boot up in recovery. Choose wipe cache partition. Your stock apps settings like default apps and such will be reset. Apart from that everything else will work as per normal. 

I have to do this for my camera every time there is an update and the performance improves. From clearer photos to better night mode.

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

i said 'something like factory settings' , so it's not the same, bcoz factory settings literally wipes out everything;

and, funny that you said this 'I have to do this for my camera every time there is an update '  ....so it is almost as if you revert to original app version and remove updates, right?
you just said exactly the same thing i did, you just put it in a different way 🤣

i think when you have to resort to this kind of stuff, while no one else has to, is kind of ridiculous, i would get rid of the phone if it's broken, bcoz it seems to me that way.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes