Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Camera Glass of my GALAXY S20 Ultra Shattered or fractured without an Impact or pressure

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 01:58 PM)
EdwinKiran
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Dear All,

Please refrain from buying the GALAXY S20 Ultra as the Glass on the camera has a major flaw, my glass fractured and upon showing it to Samsung repair they have denied it to be their fault without even investigating, this has happened in many places around the world, I demand full refund.

Customer Ref. No. **********

Regards,

Edwin

9 REPLIES 9
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
scamsung at their finest, all these bad posts over the last few days is crazy, no wonder why so many people are not buying and returning phones, id be utterly gobsmacked if you get anywhere They probably won't investigate because its hear say your word against there's with little proof sadly
0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @EdwinKiran ,

did you take this to one of our Support Centres to be examined? Would you be able to send us a picture of your phone's camera? 

0 Likes
Ashley77
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
The phone has high-end hardware so it requires high-end care & attention. Get insurance that protects against accidental damage... its not the manufacturers fault if we damage our phones #JustSaying
0 Likes
EdwinKiran
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It looks like a air gun shot in the top most camera lens....I have not taken the pics I will ask the Samsung Customer care to take some pics and send it to me

0 Likes
EdwinKiran
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My Friend: It was well protected with a Samsung cover, at first the phone started to become hot and when I shifted it from on ear to the other I heard a small crack sound and their was a hole and crack across on the back of my phone.

EdwinKiran
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The proof is with the Samsung Dubai repair team, they have looked at. it and sadly said looks like a manufacturing defect.........now I'm not claiming for my money for the phone all I ask is to replace it free and not charge me for it.

0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I can see that you've got a phone from outside the EU.  With Samsung support being localised and this being a European forum (the English language part is supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team, for example), we're limited in what we can do for you in terms of direct support.

Have you been in touch with Samsung UAE about this issue, to see if others are reporting the same? You can find their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

0 Likes
EdwinKiran
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello Tess: No luck with Samsung UAE, I will still leave the report and this incidents similar to what I have gone through has been reported in the US as well. You can google it. This is a major issue and if you dont act on it now, this will impact your flagship product sales.

0 Likes
Howie1310
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
That's naughty. How did it break, did you knock or drop it? If it's a manufacturer problem then yes they are liable to repair it.
0 Likes