Did you mean: 

Original topic:

camera glass broken

(Topic created on: 22-09-2020 12:46 AM)
trev69
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
So... my phone was fine! I left it on my bedside table overnight. I wake up, it hasn't even moved and the glass protecting the camera has broken over the LED light. The light and all cameras work AFAIK but its still broken and I did nothing to iis this a known issue and qhat can I do about it??

Any advice would be great!
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Deltaratz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Some people can be pretty active during sleep so it's possible you flailed your arms around and broke it. it's also possible you broke it earlier without realising before you went to sleep. Anyway, I've not heard of any breaking on their own so I suggest you by a camera bump protector, available on amazon. Basically it's a screen protector for the camera glass and they're pretty solid and much easier to apply than front screen protectors. Good luck.
0 Likes
trev69
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
lol I definitely didn't flail my arms but I like the imagery associated with that description.

but I'm 99% sure it was fine as I was using it to watch videos for the hour I was in bed before I slept so I dono. just seems incredibly random
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it may have happened during the day or some other time without you evan knowing
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Your going to need to approach a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to ask them to inspect the phobe @trev69 

But be ready for them to say it's a result of accidental damage and levy a fee to repair it.

That or check with any relevant insurance.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes