Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera failed after software update

(Topic created on: 24-12-2021 02:06 PM)
Jessierose
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone 

This is the most annoying situation I've ever found myself in. I have been through 2 S20 ultras already with the same issue 

I've had my phone since November 1st 2021. It's been great and haven't had issues. On the 22nd of December the phone did a software update and now my camera keeps telling me camera failed. 

I've tried looking for an update, wiping data and cache, restarting the phone, clearing cache partition and NOTHING is working. 

Does anyone have a solution or fix? Samsung is useless and tomorrow is Christmas and I would like to use the camera on the phone I paid way to much money for! 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try restarting phone
Then clear the camera's app cache and storage data
0 Likes
Jessierose
First Poster
Options

I tired that already 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Jessierose ,

can you test the phone's hardware to see if there is an issue with it? To do this head into the Samsung Members app> Get help> Under Diagnostics tap View tests> Camera. Has the camera passed the test? 

0 Likes
Curtisbell
First Poster
Options

My phone did the same thing. I had to file a claim because I had damage around the phone camera.  Got my replacement and updated the new phone after setting it up and right after they pushed the update my camera failed on the replacement phone.  I tried to go the approved repair shop in town verizon sends you and they had to wait a week to get the software from samsung and then after they got it they had no luck fixing the phones and told me to wait for an update.

0 Likes
lk27
Apprentice
Options

Camera testing didn't work 😞

0 Likes