Did you mean: 

Original topic:

camera cutout S20

(Topic created on: 26/12/20 15:00)
Fred4761
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
After the last system update on the 5th of December the option to hide the camera cutout has disappeared anyone know how to fix this as Samsung don't. 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ttwa666
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hiya, which model of the S20 have you got. are you talking about the Android 11 update or just a security update. I've been checking every single day for a few weeks now and I've still got Novembers security update on, I've got S20 FE by the way. you could shut the phone off, start back up into the secret menu and I know on mine the last option on it was to fix apps. it'll shut down itself and restart then it'll check for any dodgy apps and optimize every little one on your phone. that's the only way I can think of fixing that little conundrum of a problem my fine feathered friend, hope it helps you and enjoy the rest of Christmas
0 Likes
Fred4761
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hi
I've got the S20 5G don't know what short of update it was just happened on the 5th of December got in touch with Samsung but they said they hadn't heard of the problem tried 3 different things Samsung said including what you mention but no joy .
0 Likes
g54fdg5
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Option to hide the camera cutout has been removed as of Android 11. Samsung is definitely aware of it. You'll find multiple posts on reddit and the US samsung community about people complaining about it.

Samsung apparently claims that it was removed because they found that their beta testers didn't care about it. Some have speculated the reason is because google removed the overscan feature from android 11 and samsung had used that to create the functionality.

0 Likes
Fred4761
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
thanks for the information.
0 Likes
DekD
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I want rid of the black dot too.
it's ghastly
0 Likes
g54fdg5
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It is horrendous. So in the past week since I posted the answer, Samsung has also removed all documentation related to how to "hide camera cutout". So this definitely confirms that Samsung is aware and most like will never restore this feature. Take it how you will but it is a shame that this phone was only able to last me a mere 5 months while my old iphones and htc phoens lasted me for several years.

0 Likes