Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightness dimming without adaptive brightness selected

(Topic created on: 27-06-2022 12:16 AM)
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
I've noticed the screen brightness sometimes dims by itself for no apparent reason on my Galaxy S20 FE. Power saving mode is off, adaptive brightness is off. How do I stop this from happening? The screen is not very bright to begin with. When outside it's barely readable
15 REPLIES 15
Dmckenzy
First Poster
Options

It's happening to me as well. I found out it's not a problem of temperature. Like it doesn't matter if u using the phone under sun or under clouds. It happened many times in different conditions. There is no reason for it to occur. I was using my phone in cloudy day, it happened, i was using my phone in sunny day, it happened. Then when u restart the phone it is no solution. No one's from Samsung had any clue about this. Even I sent my phone for repair in warranty, no clue. Seems like only users know about this problem but not the people who sell or create the phones. Even Samsung support have no idea. Only they can recommend is factory reset, which will not solve the issue. If anyone has any solution, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'M GETTING CRAZY FROM THIS PROBLEM! THX. 

gwoodgirl
First Poster
Options

Mine has the same issue but I just noticed it happen when light hits my front camera specifically. I shielded the camera and put light to every other part of my phone and nothing, put it to the camera and bam. It's so dumb. I have adaptive off and it'll do it with or without power saving on.

Milan9
Student
Options

Yes, this very issue happens to me as well. In fact, it it is happening right now as I am holding the phone in my hands and moving it between sun and shade. I already gave up, because I even changed my device because of it, but it appeared immediately on a new device, so I guess it can't be easily repaired. Its very annoying because I have Z Flip3 which is otherwise a great phone but doesn't have many alternatives to be chosen from. 

0 Likes
uthinkuknowbetter
First Poster
Options

Same, its a lie when they say the screen dims because of temperature changes. They are trying to improve my battery life by 1% and by making my phone useless in daylight, cloudy conditions. The frustration at Samsung for doing this makes my BLOOD BOIL. FIX YOUR PHONESS SAMESUNG = (I have S20 FE)

0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
Might depend on settings and situation. Mine dimmed when gaming and temperature hit 40 degrees C. I think Samsung were in the papers about secretly throttling performance in gaming.
Anyway, I found Bixby routines overrides the dimming, at least while gaming
0 Likes
efi99
Explorer
Options
  1. Install the App "Alliance Shield X" in Play Store.

2. Open the App, create an account and gain access to everything the app demands.

3. Click on "App Manager" and search for "Samsung Device Health Manager Service"

4. Click on this entry and choose the "activity" tab

5. There you choose the 2nd entry and select "open"

6. Enable "Brightness limit off" and "CP TM off"

Now your screen won't decrease its brightness by itself. Keep in mind that your screen/device can get very warm. Once again, do this at your own risk. I am not sure if the OLED screen can get damaged by the temperatures it might reach.

0 Likes