Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightness dimming without adaptive brightness selected

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 01:11 PM)
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
I've noticed the screen brightness sometimes dims by itself for no apparent reason on my Galaxy S20 FE. Power saving mode is off, adaptive brightness is off. How do I stop this from happening? The screen is not very bright to begin with. When outside it's barely readable
15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Maxvax 

I'm wondering if the phone is reacting by itself because it believes the screen needs to be dimmed due to various lighting conditions.

Take a look in this similar thread which may help.

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-ultra-dim-screen-problem. 

I'm using a different model to you as per my signature below and the screen dimming does not happen on mine.

Certainly a conundrum !

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Maxvax: The screen will dim slightly prior to going idle, which may be a possible explanation. With this in mind, try heading to Settings > Display > Screen Timeout, and increase the time here to see if you notice an improvement. You could also try Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Keep Screen On While Viewing > On. 

0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
It happens when I'm gaming and the battery temp hits 40C. I see no setting to stop it happening
0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
No, it's not that. It happens while I'm using it
Milan9
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my Z Flip3. Have you found a solution? Thanks

Maxvax
Navigator
Options
No, I haven't. It happens all the time, and only when the battery hits 40C. As soon as it goes under 40C, screen brightness goes back to normal. I haven't found a setting to stop it doing it
0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
I seem to have found a work around in Bixby routines. Just set 'If' to something all the time, and 'then' to a high brightness level. This seems to override the dimming
Members_t377sYP
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and you fixed it ty.

ElvisInFlorida
Apprentice
Options

I'm totally unfamiliar with Bixby configuration. Please post the step-by-step procedure.