Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Blurred Images

(Topic created on: 01-09-2020 07:34 AM)
walkerloni
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Something has happened with my S20 Ultra. When taking pictures with the standard point and shoot photo option (1x) images are blurry. This is not occasionally, it is always. Pictures are properly focused using other options including 5x and10x and other features like Live View. This started several weeks ago (it may be a coincidence but around the time of the last camera app update). I have forced stop on the camera app, cleared data and cache, restarted the phone - it makes no difference. Samsung advise restoring factory settings but that will mean hours of re-entering passwords for apps and setting up banking and authentication apps all over again. I wonder how widespread this is? Is this just a fault with my phone? Given the cost of the handset, I can't say I'm impressed that it can't manage basic point and shoot anymore. 
21 REPLIES 21
Libb
Superuser III
Superuser III
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Can you attach an example of blurred picture?

Please ensure that the lenses are really clean and you don't use any cover which could affect the picture quality. I suppose you don't use any protector (platic or glass) on the camera?

SAMSUNG Galaxy Z Fold3 5G 512 Black | Galaxy Z Flip
Galaxy Buds | Galaxy Buds+ | Galaxy Buds Pro
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hey there walkerloni!

Sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your S20 Ultra. Unfortunately, there's a bit of a "known-issue" going on with these handsets where autofocus doesn't work correctly, and there's a large number of users also experiencing this same issue. Apart from making sure your phone is up to date, there's not much more you can do besides contact Samsung.

Keep being awesome!
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
walkerloni
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
The blurring at 1x on the standard photo option is worse where any degree of distance is involved. It's less pronounced over 1 to 2 metres.
0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Looks like the sun causes this fogs, if you talk about the blur on the tree.

But it seems in focus to me, bad picture quality but in focus ? Or there's something i dont get.

0 Likes
walkerloni
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've posted a better example of the problem. The new picture was taken in good light, not into the sun, at 1x on the standard photo setting (two trees).
0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I just read someone with a similar issue saying giving the phone a tap near the cameras made it focus properly again, and because of this Samsung replaced it under warranty

0 Likes
mjwilly
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm having the same problem with my Note 20 Ultra.

Here are two photos, one taken at 4.9x zoom and the other at 5x zoom.

5x5x4.9x4.9x

0 Likes
Husna33
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
im getting blurred photos when i take pictures on whatsapp its so annoying. paid alot for this phone
0 Likes
charika
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am having the same problem

0 Likes