Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth Multifunction button only invokes bixby

(Topic created on: 23-09-2020 08:29 PM)
Kn7
First Poster
Options

Hi I'm looking for help how to set my A71 5G to activate Google assistant when I press & hold button on bluetooth headset. For now it invokes bixby. In phone settings I switched default assistant to google, repaired headphones, reset headphones, however invoking via bluetooth still sticks to bixby.

7 REPLIES 7
rosszx10r
Explorer
Options
are they Samsung head phones
0 Likes
Solution
Huss5221
First Poster
Options

Goto phone settings-> applications -> bixby voice.

Tap "set as defaults". Then tap clear all defaults. Now next time you press your Bluetooth headphones button it will ask you to select between Google and bixby voice. Select Google 

QuietGentleman
First Poster
Options

Son, you are excellent. I have been trying to figure this out for a week on my own. 

Squirrel4eva89
First Poster
Options

So glad I came across this comment took less than a minute to fix as opposed to an hour of speaking to Samsung support via chat and phone who had no idea of how to fix it. Thank you very much!

0 Likes
IntrepidFox
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for this! You rock!

I have been trying to figure it out for so long!

0 Likes
stesim
First Poster
Options

Worked for me too, thank you very much 

0 Likes
Members_z0abDMw
First Poster
Options

This did not work for me, first i followed the steps, and it would still launch bixby in a pre-installed version. No options of launching in google was available even tho I've installed google services.

I later tried plugging my phone in to the computer and manually deleted all the files that supports bixby voice from the phones software center, then I blocked all bixby services by coding the phone to automatically shut down any bixby activities. And it still tries to launch bixby. But the bixby app crashes because there is nothing to start 😅.

I have tried different headphones with same results, all i want to do is to be able to pause music via the bluetooth button. I mainly use "3M peltor ws alert xp".

0 Likes