Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bluetooth issue Samsung Galaxy S20 plus

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 03:47 PM)
Givigun
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I was gifted a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus. Previous owner didn't have this issue but I do. I searched and couldn't find any post about bluetooth issues that described my problem specifically.

I pair and connect bluetooth devices successfully but speakers and headphones do not work. When connected the sound still plays through built in phone speakers at extremely low volume. Sometimes, during first couple of minutes of playing audio it switches to bluetooth speakers by itself and plays audio properly but more often it does not. 

Sometimes even if the sound goes to bluetooth speakers the volume is very low. When I try to increase the volume, it shows that in-call volume is being adjusted even though the connection is in audio mode as well. 

I deleted app data and cache, I reset network settings and I turned off A2DP hardware offload in developer options but nothing helped.

It seems to work properly right after a restart but if I disconnect speakers and then re-connect the issue comes back.

When I was given the phone I used SmartSwitch to transfer everything from my previous phone. However my previous phone did not have bluetooth problems.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Impaelas
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same problem here, and it seems hundreds of others have issues all over forums.

Samsung get your **** ***** together. Regreting moving from Nokia 7.1 to this...

0 Likes
TheVon
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello,
I just got the S20 FE, same problem. It was working yesterday, today though - nothing but issues. I am not happy.

0 Likes
Crussty
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Just got the FE20 a couple of days ago. Paired it with my car's BT audio system & it worked perfectly first time, second time it connected, but played back through the phone speaker. I could pause & play, but volume controls & ff/rew wouldn't work.

Disconnected & repaired, no difference.

My old Galaxy S9 had no problems.

How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Awad
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
literally word for word same situation as u
0 Likes
Crussty
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I re-started the phone, re-connected to the car & it worked fine. 

Next time I connected to the car, it went back to playing through the phone speaker.

Did another re-start & the last 5 or 6 times it re-connected to the car it has worked ok.

Try restarting the phone

0 Likes
Awad
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it works every time i restart but than it goes off again afterwards
0 Likes
torion
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have recently gotten the samsung s20plus 5g at my work and we where about 7-8 ppl getting the same brand and model.

It connects fine to my few bluetooth stuff at home and car bluetooth

However, at work we do have some work equipment we use to connect with bluetooth, like Hytune app in google store and a few others.

A few of my collegues can connect with their samsungs s20+ just fine but the majority of us can not connect. we have tried resetting both the phones that work and the phones that doesnt work to factory settings with no difference.

these bluetooth connection doesnt use the "pairing" function, when the app is installed its supposed to autofind the equipment, in this case a TA-dongle from IMI, and the app finds it, but refuses to connect. Weirdly  as said it works for some, maybe 1/4 of the phones, and for the 3/4 rest it just wont connect.

0 Likes