Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth is pairing only for calls

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 02:42 PM)
tpt013
Student
Options

What happened on May 20, 2022 ?

Up to that day my Samsung S20FE bluetooth paired properly with my watch so I received also SMS messages.

But since that day it is pairing only for calls - most likely same issue as in other threads with car connections (I tried to connect it with my MB which now has even Android auto but no success 😞

Really frustrating

PS my Sony WX ear buds still work also with net radio and not only with calls

22 REPLIES 22
Members_kN5lCxf
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same. Cannot pair/connect to any new device via Bluetooth. Seems that latest update broke something. Seems that the problem is with pairing code. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @tpt013 , I would like you to check if Media/Audio is turned on for these devices. You can do this by heading into the phone Settings> Connection> Bluetooth> Next to the Bluetooth device that you are having issues with you can see a cog icon, tap on it> Turn the Audio/Medio slider on if this is Off. 

In regard to your issue, @Members_kN5lCxf , a Bluetooth device may not connect to your phone or tablet if it's already connected to another device. If you've previously paired your Bluetooth device to another device that is in range, try disconnecting it from that device before pairing it with a new one.

Have you tried to reset your Bluetooth settings and try again? Have you checked the device's manual o see if an app is required to connect them to your phone? You can do this by following these steps: Go to Settings> General management> Tap Reset.

0 Likes
tpt013
Student
Options

Hello

unfortunately those steps didn't change anything but they gave one more hint to look at :smiling-face:
So, for some reason the App I have in the phone (Huawei Health) had unpaired the connection. And strangely, when I did re-pairing via Huawei Health App also other SMS messages sending to my Honor Watch started to com through.  So, thanks

0 Likes
Members_kN5lCxf
First Poster
Options

I think the problem is with my S20 FE device. I'm trying to connect to devices I was previously correctly parred. Before may update I was able to correctly to pair to any BT device. After phone update I was not able to connect with new device, I reset the connection setting, and from now on I'm not able to pair with any device. Even with those I was correctly connected before. Something must be with paring code. The popup did not appear while trying to connect.  I tried with numerus devices. Other phones can correctly to connect to all devices. I cannot connect to anything.  

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_kN5lCxf: If you place a Bluetooth device in pairing mode by following the manufacturers instructions, then head to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > On, does the device appear in the list of available connections? If so, what happens when you tap on it? Do you get any error messages or notifications?

To test the Bluetooth feature, try heading to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Bluetooth, and follow the on screen instructions. Does this return any errors? 

GewoonDani
First Poster
Options

I seem the be experiencing (almost) the same problem with my Fold3.

The phone is connecting to my car radio but always only for calls, I have to go into the bluetooth settings and enable "Audio" for my car radio every time.

Members_TPEHJJp
First Poster
Options

I have this issue too, with my S22 Ultra, since the May update... has anyone found a solution in the meantime? because I have to manually activate the audio check every time I start the car

0 Likes
ces1972
First Poster
Options

Hi, I just buy an S20 Ultra (new) and I have the same problem, after many updates...

Marc in Miami
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I got a new Galaxy A53 and I can t play music like Pandora or mp3 files through my cars bluetooth.  My friends can connect and play their music through their iPhones, but I can't play music in my own car. Does Samsung ever plan on fixing this issue? Looks like they don't give a rat's ass.  Sorry I bought their *****. I should have got an iPhone instead.